- iPhone 6 continues to gain market share in major markets( except Japan for some reason...).
- Strong sales of the iPhone will continue in 2015, as more higher end android users are switching to iOS.
- AAPL to add ~ $41 Billions in iPhone Revenue for quarter ending in March 2015, which represent approximately 61 million iPhones .
- 54 % growth from Q1 2014.
- iPad to post the biggest sales decline in 2015
- Sales of the iPad will drop by ~ 30 % ( year over year)
- From KGI Securities :
" More specifically, iPads will see a 52.7% QoQ in Q1 2015 with sales of 10.1 million iPads and a another 30-40% drop in Q2 2015 with 7.8 million units.”
- AAPL is planning the launch of a 12.9 inch iPad later this year , but this will not help the decline in shipment of iPads
- First day pre - order of the Apple watch were almost at 1 million units
- Pre -orders for the watch will top 2.3 million unit according to KGI analyst Ming-Chi Kuo
- 85 % of the pre -order will account for the AppleSport Watch ( Entry level)
- 15 % for the Apple Watch ( Mid level)
- <1% for the high end version.
- Apple watch becomes the most successful product launch in Apple history .
- numbers for the watch wont be included in Monday earning call