AKRX - VOL ahead of judges decision

This company has issues. It's association with John Kapoor doesn't help matters. Anytime now, the judge should deliver his decision regarding the merger drama. Based on price and chat, many are expecting the verdict to favor AKRX . Who knows. The possible verdict outcome could be merger proceeds at original terms, proceeds at a reduced price, or Fresenius is allowed to walk away. If it proceeds based on original terms, the stock should shoot up to ~$32-33. If Fresenius is able to walk away, the stock price will drop .

All the drama has caused options IV% to sky rocket to over 200%. (Historical is less than 50%). I sold a $10/$5 put spread. The only outcome that would put my position in jeopardy is if the ruling is totally in Fresenius favor and they are able to walk away. I think that is the least likely outcome, but still a possibility. That is the reason for utilizing a spread versus naked put.
Jul 30
Trade active: Trade still active. No verdict at the moment, lots of potential news on the horizon...all the anticipation has kept IV% over 200%. Even though price action has been favorable, the high IV% has kept option prices high. I could close my position for a .30 gain ($30/contract).

At this time, I am choosing to keep my position open.
Jul 30
Aug 23
Trade closed manually: I elected to close my position as AKRX price plummeted. I still had substantial room for it to continue to fall, but I didn't want to take the chance based on the ugly chart. I closed at 1.25 which was a very slight win.
Home Stock Screener Forex Screener Crypto Screener Economic Calendar Shows How It Works Chart Features Pricing House Rules Moderators Website & Broker Solutions Widgets Charting Solutions Lightweight Charting Library Help Center Refer a friend Feature Request Blog & News FAQ Wiki Twitter
Profile Profile Settings Account and Billing Refer a friend My Support Tickets Help Center Ideas Published Followers Following Private Messages Chat Sign Out