UPDATE #3: UPDATING 2 LONG trades: Looking for TP2 (+660 pips)

FX:AUDUSD   Australian Dollar / U.S. Dollar
1605 10 35
So this pair has just decided to keep going up and up and up.....and continue giving me profits now to the tune of +660 pips. This is why I only closed half of my positions on each of the 2 LONG trades and let the other half run. Because you just never know what will happen.

In my last update on this pair and the 2 LONG trades, I had closed half the positions on each thinking that there could be a deeper retrace on the wave (iv) of 3. It didn't work out that way and it was only a shallow and short retrace before prices decided to resume their relentless track north. So what I see happening now is that the wave (v) of 3 is now forming and may have just finished the wave iii             within that wave (v) of 3. That means a probable brief wave iv and then up again to finish the impulse wave 3. I have that point as the completion of the large cypher #2 pattern overhead as the possible finish to that wave 3. Just keep an eye on prices IF/When they get there as there is also a larger Gartley (seen on the DAILY chart ) overhead and not far from where the cypher #2 would complete. If prices march past the cypher #2 completion, I'll be looking at the Gartley completion for a possible reversal.

In addition, I have drawn in a POSSIBLE cypher with it's MAX C point just a little past the cypher #2 completion point. So if prices do make it there and doesn't break the green cypher's MAX C point, then this cypher will also be in play.

If you're thinking about selling now, if it were me, I'd hold off. Yes, this pair looks primed for a fall. Yes, there is now divergence. Yes, the RSI is in overbought mode, etc.,etc. But I don't see momentum changing just yet. And no bearish PA. And also, I don't see 5 waves yet in this last wave (v) of the wave 3 just yet. So for me, this isn't the finish of this uptrend just yet. Selling now would require to withstand some pain as prices move higher, IMHO             .

For now, I will be letting the 2 LONG trades ride up to the completion of the cypher #2 and that will be my TP2 for both these trades and likely that I will close both of them there. Once prices do get there, I'll be watching the PA intently for signs to SELL and try to get SHORT. I am also now adding a trailing stop to both LONG trades of 60 pips to each trade (approx. 20% of each trades profits).

Please keep in mind that I am not giving any trading signals or trade calls here. Only providing my own trade thoughts for your benefit and insight as to my trading technique and style. Please don't ask if you should or should not take the trade or ask for stop loss and take profit levels. Any SL or TP given on my trades are my own I have used for my trade and are not recommendations for you to use. If you are not sure, then you do not have a trading plan for yourself in place. I suggest you make one before you continue to do any trading!

If you like my posts and find them helpful, please take a second to hit that LIKE button and follow me so I will know my posts are useful to you. Doing so will encourage me to post more! As always, all constructive comments are welcome. Agree or disagree.
SPECIAL Commodities $39.99/mo http://bit.ly/2AZWhx4
List of my ACTIVE Trades: http://bit.ly/2JkoaR3active
Sign up to mailing list: http://bit.ly/2iNieEY
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/efxselect
Twitter: @andrewefxselect
Website: efxselect.c
I'm sorry as this is probably something I'm just missing, but what does "PA" refer to in your comments above? Thanks.
caifu642 caifu642
Nevermind..... I found it - and of course it made sense!
Amazing posts as always
Sorry I did make a mistake according to Murrey lines is at Stop an reverse so it is not at the overbought so You are right better to wait if it will reach the overbought line I hope You do not mind talking about the Murrey lines, in case I would not mention it again
No, sorry. I don't use Murrey Math lines. But regardless, it is as you said premature to sell right now. There's no need to try to catch the very top of a move anyway. Better to wait for solid confirmation a trend has finished rather than risk "catching a falling knife". I will wait for PA confirmation to tell me when it the right time.
Hi Excuse my ignorance what is chypher? I use the murrey maths to check for overbought and over sold and looks like it is over bought either on the iHR and also on the daily one even if the trend is still up but a small red candle is forming and as You say selling now could be a little premature but on the other end depends most probably has reached overbought and next according to Murrey mayhs lie is extremely overbought. Have You ever tried Murrey maths lines?
A cypher is an advanced harmonics pattern.
i think v of wave 3 is finished, and 0.72750 is neckline.
Ok. A chart explaining why you think so would be more helpful. Thanks for the comment.
so what is better for now?? Sell or wait sometimes
EN English
EN English (UK)
EN English (IN)
DE Deutsch
FR Français
ES Español
IT Italiano
PL Polski
SV Svenska
TR Türkçe
RU Русский
PT Português
ID Bahasa Indonesia
MS Bahasa Melayu
TH ภาษาไทย
VI Tiếng Việt
JA 日本語
KO 한국어
ZH 简体中文
ZH 繁體中文
AR العربية
Home Stock Screener Forex Signal Finder Cryptocurrency Signal Finder Economic Calendar How It Works Chart Features House Rules Moderators Website & Broker Solutions Widgets Stock Charting Library Feature Request Blog & News FAQ Help & Wiki Twitter
Profile Profile Settings Account and Billing My Support Tickets Contact Support Ideas Published Followers Following Private Messages Chat Sign Out