Alibaba has shown a strong recovery after having locally bottomed due to the Corona Virus (Covid-19). Despite being a Chinese company, the e-commerce giant has not been as severely affected by the gravity of the situation. In this analysis, we take a look at Alibaba's (BABA) technicals and fundamentals to determine the most probable scenario.
- We have been rejected by the descending resistance marked in the dotted blue line
- The ( ) shows a downtrend, with the formation of lower highs
- The Moving Average Convergence Divergence ( ) shows decreasing histograms, and a potential death cross
- We are seeing a temporary trend reversal to potentially fill the gaps below
- The Corona Virus has impacted the company as fewer people were able to produce and deliver to their customers
- While supply issues have been handled now, there are now questions about how consumer demand for e-commerce products is holding up amid a period of global economic uncertainty and continued unease about germ spread
- Despite the confusion caused by the Corona Virus (COVID-19), Alibaba continues to invest aggressively into Alibaba Cloud
- As governments aggressively digitize services, cloud demand will be stimulated, and it's likely that Alibaba will be one of the beneficiaries
What We Believe
We believe that Alibaba is a strong company to hold for the long term. Alibaba shows strong fundamentals, and aggressive investments for the future that appear prudent. However, demonstrates that we could be seeing a small correction for the immediate term.