Over the last week or so, the stock has been retreating back from its highs of close to $1.00.
Overall though, I can see 2 possible scenarios.
Holding current levels (which look good considering the 61.8 fib line placement) here could see a price grab back up to above $0.50. Holding there would mean BrainChip is still maintaining an overall uptrend and also holding above the 50 fib line. Breaking through the next level of resistance at $0.64 is critical for recover efforts. A scenario overall with some risk.
Failing to hold here would mean a fall back to previous support and older around $0.34. A note here though that the old has less touches, so holding it is yet to be determined. However, the fact that we have a and a support line means we might see a bounce.
If I was looking to gain entry, I can do so immediately, however I would be prepared for further . A further fall back to $0.34 could mean a need to top up the position with more cash.
I can also choose to wait for one of the following scenarios:
- A clean break up and out of $0.64, signalling a much stronger case.
- A break down and a hold at $0.34, signalling a position of relative safety to begin investment.
I can deploy risk management techniques including limiting the percentage exposure to this stock, applying a stop loss if it falls too far or reserving cash to purchase lower entries and reduce my average, should I want a long term position.
Hope this analysis helps!
Note - this is a record of my thoughts for personal use only. Nothing here should be taken as financial advice. Investors and traders should always do their own research before buying or selling assets.
Director of Growth @ TradingView
Contributor @ Motley Fool