Moving forward, I see two main scenarios unfolding:
1) We are posting a new (X) wave and will come down for another corrective structure, which will likely target 8.2k or lower
2) We are now in the 1st wave on a new 5 wave impulse up
The bulls will take heart from an that could form if we see a pull back from 10.4k to around 9.9k (grey dashed line). The target of this would be 11.6k. There is a monster formation which would be activated at around 11.5k (black dashed line) and which would target 18k.
The bears will be looking for the long term downward (pink) to bat BTC back down, as it recently did at 11.8k. However, if this line is breached and maintained, it could well signal the end of the bear run.
For my trading plan it is important that I see the structure unfold into something I can understand and set clear targets and stops. Over the past 24 hours I have moved from targeting a low 8.2k to now heading North. It's important to watch what the market is doing and adjust ones convictions. Given the weakness of the last corrective structure, my conviction is that the bulls are going to gain control. I could be wrong and we could still be heading South. I therefore want to buy back in what I sold at 11.5k but do it in a way which manages risk and has clear short term targets and stop losses.
I will be looking to enter a long trade if I see a pull back and then reversal at around 0.5 fib (9850) of this smaller leg up from 9350. If this happens in the next couple of hours it would invalidate my idea and I would not enter. The target would be 11.8k but would have the option of running for longer. Stop loss would be just under the (e) of the last corrective structure at 9350 as this would invalidate the new 5 wave impulse structure and would suggest a new correction is in play. Risk ratio 4:1.
I have plotted on the chart 5 minor impulse waves (ending 11.8k) within a major 5 wave impulse that ends 14.25k. We could also still be in a corrective sequence, posting a new X leg that will then take us into another ABC/WXY down so it is important to manage risk with any new trade.
The set up I am now looking for is to complete this 1st set of 5 minor waves up, probably for a double top a 11.8k. I'll then wait for major wave 2 to complete and enter there. A nice set up would be to see major wave 2 bounce off the long term down trend line, turning it from resistance to confirmed support.
Patience is key here. This is likely to take 4-5 days to unfold.
The other earlier entry would be to wait for the minor wave 4 pull back. Depending upon how price action unfolds and the length of minor wave 3, this might be viable. However, with my current price plots, the risk reward for this trade does not work for my plan.
(1) Changing the final C leg to a more simplistic abc rather than abcde triangle.
(2) Starting this new impulse wave earlier. The old one may still be valid but this feels cleaner. It means we are still in the 3rd wave.