- It appears Capital One isn’t the only company affected by this--it’s just the first company to publicly acknowledge it has been hacked and the most proactive in addressing the security situation. Meaning... as soon as other companies report the same, they will get the bad attention.
- Because of the breach they will lose $150M-300M, which is nothing for this size of a bank.
The real impact might be more of sentiment towards the stock though.
- Equifax very recently had a much more significant breach, and the stock just brushed it off.
- Watch the (50) as support.
- OBV and RSI=52, did not reach dangerous levels on this drop .
- MACD did cross below the signal, but it is on its way up.