1. Fundamentals don't support record highs. High stock prices don't represent real economic activity. Unemployment. situation still not pre-crises levels yet prices are way above that.
2. Oil showing lack of demand.
3. US dollar becoming more expensive. End of low exchange rate.
4. China weakening as well as imports.
5. End of easy money and fed soon to increase rates. The first rate rise in a while will certainly be a shock.
6. Geopolitical tensions with new sanctions on Russia and a new Iraq war vs Isis .
7. September is a historically the worst month for stocks.
8. We are way overdue for a market correction.
9. Low and consolidation showing breakout is about to happen. I don't think it will be up.
10. Strong resistance about 17100
11. Europe potentially falling back into Recession.
In any case, going short is a good idea as the risk/reward ratio is pretty good. September is historically a bad month but October saw the biggest market drops in 1987, 1929 and 2001. I'm saying short the market until the end of October I think there is a good decent chance of some good profits.