- Price Action: There was a lot of in ETH, driven mostly by high in BTC . ETH made a new high at $788, retraced back down to $750, and now creating a new high as i am typing this.
- Chart Patterns: No significant chart patterns.
- Areas of Interest: The area(s) of interest for us are the previous resistance @$788 and the 200MAs at $759-760. Once price reaches one of our areas of interest and gives us a valid entry signal, I will update the trade, so make sure you follow me to get the trade entry signals in real time.
TRADES(S) RECAP: LATEST 3 TRADES
2021/ 01 /01: We had a winning trade! While the signal was on BTC , as it was a false breakout trade, you could've also entered ETH. We entered short @ $735, SL $743, price reached a low of $714, giving a risk reward ratio of 2.5:1, meaning if you risked 1BTC on this trade, you could've made 2.5BTC.
2020/12/31: We had a winning trade! While the signal was on BTC , as it was a false breakout trade, you could've also entered ETH. We entered short @ $745, SL $749, price reached a low of $725, giving a risk reward ratio of 5:1, meaning if you risked 1BTC on this trade, you could've made 5BTC.
2020/12/30: We had winning trade! We entered a long @$733, with a Stop Loss @ $716, and price reached a high of $759, giving a risk reward ratio of 1.5:1, meaning if you risked 1BTC on this trade, you could've made 1.5BTC.
Below are two potential trade setups that I would be interested in trading. Regardless of the path that the price takes, I will be monitoring the market for a valid trade entry signal.
Long Trade Setup #1: Breakout and Continuation
To open a long position, we are waiting for price to create a new high, move back down to test previous resistance as support and then bounce back up.
Trade Entry Confirmation:
1. Price Action: Price creates space between the price and the $788 level, falls back down to $788 and bounce back up.
2. Pattern: A pattern such as a candle, a , or a multiple breakdown (a large red candle followed by multiple green candles that eventually close above the open/high of the large red candle)
2.1 Ideally / Break candle has a large candle body with small wicks
2.2 Ideally /Break candle closes near the highs of the candle
3. Volume: Above average on the candle, , or on any of the multiple green candles that eventually break the red candle (ideally on the candle that breaks)
4. MACD: histogram bottoming out, as indicated by the histogram becoming less negative (changing from red to pink)
Long Trade Setup #2: Retest and Continuation (200MAs)
To open a long position, we are waiting for price to retrace back down to test the 200MAs and then continue moving up.
Trade Entry Confirmation:
1. Price Action: Price needs to move back down to the 200MAs @$750-760 and bounce back up.
2. Candlestick Pattern: A bullish candlestick pattern such as a bullish engulfing candle, a , or a multiple candlestick breakdown (a large red candle followed by multiple green candles that eventually close above the open/high of the large red candle)
3. Volume: Above average volume on the bullish engulfing candle, , or on any of the multiple green candles that eventually break the red candle (ideally on the candle that breaks)
4. MACD: MACD histogram bottoming out, as indicated by the histogram becoming less negative (changing from red to pink)
Trade calls will be separated into two categories, official and unofficial. The reason for the distinction is that official entry calls are only for high probability trade setups whereas unofficial calls might have slightly lower probability of winning but positive net profitability due to high risk reward. As I see a lot of traders, do not practice proper risk management and position sizing, I want to protect them from the second type of trades. At the same time, I know there are more sophisticated traders who can take advantage of both types of calls. So this is the solution that I’ve come up with, which is to separate the two trade types into two types of entry calls. Official entry calls will come with detailed entry, stop loss and take profit levels, whereas unofficial trade entries might or might not and will rely a little bit more on the trader themselves to manage the trade. This is one way to distinguish the more experienced traders from the newer ones. If you are unable to enter an unofficial trade entry without those details, then it means that you shouldn’t be taking those trades and should stick only to the official trades.
1. Official entry calls will be posted using “trading active” post type.
2. Potential good trading opportunities that I’m not calling an official entry on will be posted using “comments” post type.
Ideally we get all confirmations for an entry, but sometimes we might take a trade when we have fewer confirmations. The more confirmations, the higher the win probability, though it also means you miss out on some profitable trades if you're only taking trades when we have all confirmations. It's up to your own risk appetite to decide when you feel comfortable entering a trade. You can also adjust position size based on level of conviction, entering a bigger position when there are more confirmations. Make sure you practice proper risk management and money management.
I have put in preliminary Stop Loss and Take Profit on the chart, but these will depend on how the entry setup forms, so I will update when we have a valid entry signal.
Stop Loss: We typically put a SL around the high / low of the entry area, though we might adjust based on market conditions such as high ATR ( ) or long wicks.
Take Profit: We typically aim for at least a 2:1 RRR (risk reward ratio), but you can decide to take profits earlier, adjust stop loss as we get into profit, take partial profit, leave a small portion for larger gains, etc. How you want to manage depends on your own risk appetite and what you are comfortable with.
RISK MANAGEMENT / POSITION SIZING
Trading is a marathon , not a sprint . The key is to stay in the game long enough for long term probabilities to play out. Even strategies with 90%+ win rate will have losing trades, so if you go all in one every trade, eventually you will blow up your account. My recommendation is to dynamically change your position size based on the size of the stop loss so that you are risking 1-2% of your total account size on any given trade. This means that if you’re wrong and the trade hitting the stop loss, you lose 1-2% of your account. As an illustration, if your account balance is 1BTC, then the most you should lose on any given trade should be 0.01-0.02BTC. Notice that I didn’t mention leverage here. Because what leverage (3X, 5X,10X, etc.) doesn’t matter here. What matters is the position size that matches up with a 1-2% account balance risk.
HOW TO USE MY ANALYSIS
Every day I post potential areas of interest and trade setups based on the latest market conditions and market structure. Once price reaches one of the identified areas of interest and gives a valid entry signal, I will post the entry, along with stop loss and take profit levels, in real time. No hindsight 20/20 here. Everything is in real time for full transparency and so that you can actually enter the same trades that I'm entering. Some trades only give us a few minutes to enter, which is why it's imperative that you follow me so that you don't miss out. Below are two ways that you can use the analysis that I publish daily:
1. You can integrate my analysis into your own analysis, for example by using it as a starting point, or as confirmation of your own TA, or to identify potential trades for yourself.
2. You follow the trade setups and trade entry signals that I give in real time.
MAKE SURE YOU FOLLOW ME SO THAT YOU DONT MISS TRADE SIGNALS, GET THE LATEST SL AND TP LEVELS, AND FOLLOW THE TRADE PLAY OUT IN REAL TIME!
DISCLAIMER: I'M NOT A FINANCIAL ADVISOR AND THIS IS NOT FINANCIAL ADVICE, AND I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR WINS OR LOSSES, DYOR.
QUESTION: Would you like me to conduct on alts? If yes, please let me know in the comments which alts you’d like me to cover.
Watch video analysis: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPwR8Rv2YVI7qZIhedX7pQw