KVE
Short

EUR/USD zoom in on the hourly: Ending diagonal not yet complete!

FX:EURUSD   Euro Fx/U.S. Dollar
319 1 14
I closed my longterm longs and switched to short based on the large bat and trendline re-test earlier today.

Whilst I believe that we are at or at least close to the start of a good retracement I did have the feeling that the current wave may not yet be over. That's also why I said 'bat (almost?) filled'...

I'm now looking at smaller timeframes to see what the possibilities are and this is what I see on the 1H chart: an ending diagonal ( rising wedge ) which is not yet complete imo             ... (2 waves left, a 4th wave down and a possible 5th wave up after that to new highs...). Also: it is not confirmed that wave 3 is actually complete since the trend is not broken and the fast EMA's (13 and 21) are still holding on this timeframe...

I will now look how this structure will further develop, in theory waves 4 and 5 in an ending diagonal should be 3-wave             structures. Wave 5 usually ends close to the trendline between 1 and 3 so this means that it is very well possible that we will end significantly above that longterm trendline and the bat D point from my previous idea (!)

REMARK: Some people might count my circled wave iii             as the first wave within the diagonal (and thus we would have finished wave 5 today...) but that is actually not how it should be counted! That said, that doesn't mean that we can not go right down from here-on and break the diagonal, it is just less likely...

I will adjust my target for my previous short based on this scenario.

Bat and trendline re-test short setup:
EUR/USD UPDATE: Trendline re-tested and bat (almost?) filled!

Comment: Update here:
EUR/USD: Ending diagonal update, up for wave 5 or break now?


Neutral, seeking confirmation...
Comment: Closed my short BTW at 1.1250, entered a small long at 1.1233 with tight SL below the trendline...
Comment: Structure broke, I wasn't around to enter short on the breakout, looking for at least an ABC correction now..., up to 1.1080 to 1.1060 may be possible.

We may have finished wave A but it's impossible to know for sure...

Depending on the type of correction and where a possible B wave might end we could get a good and fast C wave short opportunity. We'll have to wait and see what happens...
Amazingly explained!
Reply
United States
United Kingdom
India
Deutschland
España
France
Italia
Polska
Brasil
Россия
Türkiye
Indonesia
Malaysia
日本
한국
中国
Home Stock Screener Forex Signal Finder Economic Calendar How It Works Chart Features House Rules Moderators Website & Broker Solutions Widgets Stock Charting Library Priority Support Feature Request Blog & News FAQ Help & Wiki Twitter
Profile Profile Settings Account and Billing Priority Support Ideas Published Followers Following Private Messages Chat Sign Out