Looking for Purely Chart Opinions

46 8 1
Am I allowed to do that?

I am up 100% in this position based on fundies.

It's the largest position I've ever had.

Earnings come out after the close tomorrow with a call on Thursday a.m.

What would you do?


Trade active: I am still holding this.

The stock got a big boost from an analyst upgrade at C.L. King that has an $11.25 target price and a FY2017 (September FY) earnings estimate of 70 cents per share.

If the 70 cent per share earnings estiamte is close to accurate, this name, at $10 today, still has upside of 40%+ plus, as peer companies (FCFS is acquiring CSH) are trading in excess of 20x trailing earnings. That would put a potential EZPW price next Spring into the $14-$15 range.

Caveats and catalysts include closing the sale of its Mexican payday lending business (does it get any riskier than that?) and using those funds for accretive M&A activity.
Clearly you should sell half. Lock in some of those gains! To just keep holding it all is gambling that it's going to be a great earnings report. You have no idea of knowing what it will be. Even if it's a good report, frequently investors have a "sell on news" mentality and the shares will go down anyway. So sell half and don't kick yourself if the shares do go higher after earnings.
jhains2 HughGReckshun
Obviously good advice.
My fundamental research leads me to believe it should be in the $12-$15 range as various
issues fade away and the core earnings power becomes visible.

But it is definitely hard to argue with selling half.
Earnings delayed until Aug. 9 (as I'm sure you know). And from what I read from the CEO they're expected to be quite good. Maybe hold on through the earnings if you haven't sold half yet?
jhains2 HughGReckshun
I sold about 7% of my position in a pair of accounts where it was a ridiculous percentage of assets (kid's accounts).

In the main accounts I was really close to pulling the trigger but my wife said she was willing to see the earnings report
so I didn't do anything.

I don't think I have ever seen a company announce that they discovered an accounting error and seen the stock go up and I've seen a lot over the years.

Nice handle, btw.
I don't see a good reason to sell. The 9.00 level is holding pretty strong. If you are nervous, I'd sell 50% to lock in profits and hold the rest for more conclusive chart pattern. Then, no matter what, you've got your profits and can let more ride.
EN English
EN English (UK)
EN English (IN)
DE Deutsch
FR Français
ES Español
IT Italiano
PL Polski
TR Türkçe
RU Русский
PT Português
ID Bahasa Indonesia
MS Bahasa Melayu
TH ภาษาไทย
VI Tiếng Việt
JA 日本語
KO 한국어
ZH 简体中文
ZH 繁體中文
Home Stock Screener Forex Signal Finder Cryptocurrency Signal Finder Economic Calendar How It Works Chart Features House Rules Moderators Website & Broker Solutions Widgets Stock Charting Library Feature Request Blog & News FAQ Help & Wiki Twitter
Profile Profile Settings Account and Billing My Support Tickets Contact Support Ideas Published Followers Following Private Messages Chat Sign Out