KO - K.O.?

Looking for defensive large cap value names, KO is certainly something to look at. In the light of the massive (out)performance of growth over value the name is probably also not really a "flavor of the day". But with all the frenzy going on out there I don't mind to add a bit of "boring" these days...

KO was on my list for quite some time and after the recent pullback towards the $50 area I decided to give it a shot.

From a fundamental perspective the stock is not cheap compared to other consumer staples, however I like the stock offers a solid 3.3% div . yield. It's a household name with global exposure and a well diversified product offering. In short, a solid all weather stock, suitable for a long term holding.

Technically I use the recent pullback as entry level for the following reasons;
- $50 is a psychological and traded short resistance, turned support level that has held over the past 3 trading days
- The formation of a hammer , followed by a forming Doji on a higher low shows further confirms that buyers and sellers seem to balance out at this level and the slide has halted (for now)
- MACD is still a strongly negative signal, however it seems somewhat stretched and I expect a reversal around these levels
- RSI is week and points towards a positive reversal

- One could argue to spot an inverse pennant pattern, a per-se bearish sign. However, I would counter that the stock is not in an overall downtrend and therefore the pattern is not valid (yet).

Resistance on the climb back up is met pretty much in 1$ steps.

My trade
- Long @ $50
- SL @ $47
- Take profit @ $57.80
I might lift the TP and just let the stock run as a long term dividend play

***This is my personal view and does not represent investment advice. Risk management is key and do not risk what you can't afford to loose***
Comment: Initial support seems to fail in today's trading, aiming for the $49 gap from Nov. If that breaks the $47 levels (SL area) will be testing ground.

RSI starts to look oversold as is the MACD. However it might take a few more trading days to see if a turnaround will form.

Holding on for now, maintaining my SL at $47
Comment: Stock in oversold territory now according to RSI. MACD still bearish with no reversal tendencies. Price is approaching my 47 SL but with lowering volumes that could indicate an easing off of the downtrend.

Will monitor closely and maintain the 47 SL
Comment: Stock struggling to break through R1
closely watching the $51/52 area, pullback to initial support would likely trigger me to start reducing my position.


Good work!
+1 Reply
SLRK Investroyllc
@Investroyllc, much appreciated!
+1 Reply
Home Stock Screener Forex Screener Crypto Screener Economic Calendar How It Works Chart Features Pricing Refer a friend House Rules Help Center Website & Broker Solutions Widgets Charting Solutions Lightweight Charting Library Blog & News Twitter
Profile Profile Settings Account and Billing Referred friends Coins My Support Tickets Help Center Private Messages Chat Sign Out