AMEX:LABU   DIREXION DAILY S&P BIOTECH BULL 3X SHARES
4423 100 71
10 months ago
I'm going to post an Energy / Stock / Metal Trade for the followers to trade.
I will post the update in the "update status" section of the portfolio post.
Starting capital is 10.000 $ in each portfolio. When I close the actual trade I will move the whole amount to the next trade - in this case it will be Stock trade 2.

This is the last portfolio I'm launching. But I think this will make a monster rally in the following few months.
LABU             - Direxion Daily S&P             Biotech Bull 3X Shares

Buying 100 LABU             in the open
Price: 27,20
Margin impact : 2888 $ (28,8%)

Most of the S&P             components will be testing the prevoius highs this week or the next. Biotech was forgotten somehow.
Actually not everybody forgot it because smartmoney was building position in this rounded base in the last weeks.
Yesterday we had a record volume . Something is happening in this sector...
10 months ago
Comment: We confirmed the big volume breakout on Friday.
The stock trade is in + 3% now.

Biotech - The next big thing
10 months ago
Comment: Breakout is holing in LABU.
The portfoilio is in 8,5% now.
I'm going to add at the next pullback if there will be any...
10 months ago
Comment: Buying 100 LABU at 33.48.
10 months ago
Comment: I think the pullback is done.
Buying 50 LABU at 30.30.
9 months ago
Comment: We are testing back the trendline.
This trade is still active I'm waiting for the breakout.
As soon as stocks bottom - I hope that tomorrow - LABU will rally as well.
snapshot
9 months ago
Comment: Very high volume today while price is not moving too much.
Someone is accumulating...
Soon we will be ready to run here.
8 months ago
Comment: Selling half of the LABU position as we almost tagged the 100 EMA at 39.50.
I feel the NFP data will be week and we will open a GAP down. If not I will be riding the trend with the rest of the position

Sell 125 LABU at 39.50$
8 months ago
Comment: I will be watching LABU open today. I might reopen the closed
125 LABU position at US market open today.
8 months ago
Comment: Buying 125 LABU at 28.85
8 months ago
Comment: As we are turning into the right direction and I'm waiting for a 20$ rally I will add to the position.
This is the day when we have to enter.
Buying 100 LABU at 29.49$.
8 months ago
Comment: Total position 350 LABU
8 months ago
Comment: We entered a bit early. It seems it wants to tag the trendline at 25$.
I will be adding on my personal account at 25$. Here we are at 100%.
snapshot
8 months ago
Comment: That's why I wanted to get in early. I had a feeling that they will not give a trendline touch again.
That would heve been to easy...
7 months ago
Comment: Selling 100 LABU at 35.40$ at the open.
Total position: 250 LABU
7 months ago
Comment: Buying back the 100 LABU at 32.35
Should have sold more....
7 months ago
Comment: If we drop tomorrow I will continue adding.
7 months ago
Comment: Selling 150 LABU in the breakout before market close.
6 months ago
Comment: Selling all LABU position at 44.75
6 months ago
Comment: I'M afraid that smartmoney is selling into this breakout and this will be the daily cycle top.
While S&P is running to new highs LABU couldn't make new high.
Big gains on this trade time to lock it in.
We will enter later again.
6 months ago
Comment: Never say never. Someone doesn't want the stocks to fall this year.
It seems the correction might be over.
So I'm starting load the trucks by LABU. Will start the stock trade 2.
But I want those people who want to enter now.
I'M planning to buy 300 LABU.
So today I will buy the 33% of the planned position : 100 LABU
6 months ago
Comment: BUYING 100 LABU at 41.11
6 months ago
Comment: Buying 100 labu at the close
tcp007
10 months ago
Sir, I'm in LABU at 32.10, THANK YOU! My VectorVest chart has resistance currently at 36.30... do you recommend a sell stop target based on a potential pull back? I realize it could be another buying opportunity, but I have to learn how to stop being greedy. Thanks for your help. Sorry if this is a horrible question!
Reply
chartwatchers PRO tcp007
10 months ago
Happy to hear that someone entered LABU. Just a very few people read this post.
It has 1-1,5 months to run. Dont touch just add. I will post when I'm adding...
If you sell you might not be able to enter again because price is running away...
+1 Reply
tcp007 chartwatchers
10 months ago
I'm grateful for your efforts to share with us. Thank you very much.
Reply
webmiztriz PRO chartwatchers
6 months ago
awesome.. i trade this etf as well.. so thanks VERY much for your analysis sweet arpi ;o)
Reply
Royal_Marq tcp007
9 months ago
I think LABU is for short time traders. If you looking for long term trade it would not be suitable for you. I am also watching LABU. I will take that trade whenever I see its daily RSI and MACD crosses the bottom line. I am watching it on daily range. My target is to make ($4 to $5) profit.
Reply
tcp007
10 months ago
What's up with LABU today? I don't have a sell stop in place...
Reply
chartwatchers PRO tcp007
10 months ago
Just a little pullback to the 50 EMA.
I will add to the position
Reply
chartwatchers PRO tcp007
10 months ago
LABU has at least 1 month to run.
Reply
tcp007 chartwatchers
10 months ago
I bailed out this morning. Perhaps another entry in near future.
Reply
dimitriosb602
10 months ago
Thanks for the stock trade..
Reply
Benztownguy
9 months ago
if LABU and Oli recover tomorrow i'll be blessing your weekend :-)
Reply
Benztownguy
9 months ago
if the chances for a rally are high, then one could add 50% to the position. .
Reply
chartwatchers PRO Benztownguy
9 months ago
What if we test the lows?
Can you hold the position?
Reply
Benztownguy chartwatchers
9 months ago
good point ;-)
Reply
archie123
8 months ago
Thanks for the update regarding your LABU position. I only recently came across your posts and appreciate them very much.
Reply
crazyinvestor PRO
8 months ago
Thanks for update Sir,

I just followed your lead. Bought 100 for 29.50.
Reply
Bigbadbozza
8 months ago
Bought 277 LABU at $28.95. You analysis is always appreciated Arpi.
Reply
isaac312 PRO
8 months ago
I have to tell you guys this...
Retail Brokage firm trade against your position. They believe 90-90-90 rules. and Given margin, lending you guys more money for financing. OTC gain from opposite, Spread is there business.

If the brokeage firm teach you how to trade by showing how to click sell or buy button and rely on tecnicals and generate ideas with few news. It is absolutely way to go down.
That is such a huge difference btw retail and professional in pension, hedge fund and prop trading firms.

Technicals do not generate Ideas. It is helpful but that is why 90-90-90.

For FX market: 80% Fundamentals and 20% technicals
you will see soon enough and these smart big guys are dealing with Investment banks.

In retail trader perspective, the most biggest enemy is not the major bank and HF, it is a RETAIL BROKAGE FIRM who has a huge conflict interest against us.
Their business made like that. Hence, they have to marketing more than 50% of reveneue, because of 90 90 90 rules. Retailers are wiped out.

My point is to be a smart money, not a dumb money.
Teach your self more fundamentals. not rely everything on technicals, being lazy if you want to keep your margin and be consistent profitable.

Dont make your self fool by the surrounding noise in ratiail side especially brokage. They are the evil not the banks.
(Excatly same analogy: during the gold rush in california, the people who made the most money is the retail gean sellers. Not the miners!
+1 Reply
saif12 PRO
8 months ago
I think LABU will have few more days down. The price has to touch BB which is still few days away , I am shorting LABU from 39, and targeting 26-27, before reverse the positions. I posted LABU 2 weeks ago.

LABU, Short
Reply
ja.piotr.bor
8 months ago
And how I can trade similar bio tech etf/stocks ? I don't have LABU :(
Reply
chartwatchers PRO ja.piotr.bor
8 months ago
Try IBB or XBI. These are not 3x ETF, just ETF .Less risky.
Reply
tcp007
8 months ago
G'day, Arpi. Did you set a SL or are you perhaps adding more with this dip? Thank you!!!
Reply
chartwatchers PRO tcp007
8 months ago
I'M in full position. Stocks will rally till August. We just have to wait for the Brexit to finish.
Reply
austinchan PRO chartwatchers
8 months ago
why do you say August? and LABU below 27.. :(
Reply
tcp007 chartwatchers
8 months ago
Is it a mistake to think we can get LABU at cheaper prices through Thursday?
Reply
chartwatchers PRO tcp007
8 months ago
You never know when they start to buy the stocks.
Gold had started to price the BrexIN.
Reply
tcp007 chartwatchers
8 months ago
Understood. Thanks again for sharing.
Reply
sunnyb
8 months ago
do you have a stoploss for your position?
Reply
koastech
8 months ago
Got in with 225 @29.29. I guess we entered too early.
Reply
Jacobinhouston
8 months ago
XBI touched 100 sma today, Im long with you
Reply
bertcoin PRO
8 months ago
How about the declining wedge forming on the 4 hour chart (bottom trend line starting 6/14)? Seems to have a hard time breaking below it enough to reach the Fib .786 around 26.05 and your trend line around 25. I'll try to add at those points.
Reply
XTAL.ball
8 months ago
Any real reason why a monster rally is coming??
Reply
chartwatchers PRO XTAL.ball
8 months ago
How much would you have paid for a pocket computer which has internet , you can use it for a phone, there are internet based text messages like WhatsUp, there is a camera inside etc?
A lot. Today you can buy a good Iphone for 1000$.

How much would you pay to live 10 years longer?
I answer instead of You:
Everything.
That is Biotech.
In the following 5 years this will be the leading sector. We will have next to the Dow, Nasdaq and SPX a BIO index soon.
This is THE FUTURE.
Reply
XTAL.ball chartwatchers
8 months ago
Ummmm... ok? So why don't you put in more than $10k?
Reply
bertcoin PRO XTAL.ball
8 months ago
Ummmmm.....% of total portfolio... pigs get fat while hogs get slaughtered. He does the $10k on a bunch of different things. Those probable reasons and he's giving a wonderful tutorial for the rest of us to learn on in bite sized chunks....
+1 Reply
XTAL.ball bertcoin
8 months ago
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm thx BERT
Reply
webmiztriz PRO chartwatchers
8 months ago
... wow .... passionate argument ;)
Reply
huanle
8 months ago
Thanks for the update. Will follow!
Reply
DaPappaBear
8 months ago
Great Work! Learning something new everyday. Thanks!
Reply
SteveHer
8 months ago
I'm in thanks Arpi
Reply
SteveHer
8 months ago
Awesome call Arpi
Reply
xukaitan888
8 months ago
The 6th feeling of Arpi. LOL
Reply
aksjetom PRO
8 months ago
Nice spike, if that is the trend reversal we just need to see, look at the last dip in the channel, had a deeper one right after. Personally I will keep a close eye on it now. Thx for tip around LABU
Reply
xukaitan888
8 months ago
I think they might wanting a trend line test, however, with brexit ahead, and clearly the result is to stay in Europe. The buy power is huge.
Reply
Nightstar
8 months ago
Keep in mind that LABU is a derivative of XBI, meaning it follows XBI not the other way around. XBI tagged the bullish trendline twice over the last few days as well as the 100DMA; that's your 'buy signal' confirmed folks! Ps: IBB also tagged trendline support which should also bolster confidence across the sector.
+1 Reply
Nightstar Nightstar
8 months ago
XBI Chart!

snapshot
+2 Reply
aksjetom PRO Nightstar
8 months ago
thx for sharing
Reply
Nightstar aksjetom
8 months ago
My pleasure..!
Reply
xukaitan888
8 months ago
I have three buy trades for this rally. June 20, 65 shares at 29.63(follow Arpi's post), June 21, 250 shares at 28.39(big buy opportunity for me), June 22, 100 shares at 29.26(not a lot taking profit at daily spike at 5 min chart). I think it is not perfect, in the morning when i see the price at 26, I do expect it goes down to 25!!! Hard to tell!!!
Reply
xukaitan888 xukaitan888
8 months ago
Is this a fake pull? I think the next time to load time, I will wait till 25 lol
Reply
aksjetom PRO xukaitan888
8 months ago
Still no confirmation in my signals
Reply
aksjetom PRO
8 months ago
Many people, many opinions :)
Reply
traderzaius
8 months ago
There is still a chance to get in before the train leaves the station!
Reply
aksjetom PRO traderzaius
8 months ago
entered, with the double pin on 26.6, big spik (institution buy), retrace on spike and what looks like new upwards movment. All this plus the curved bottom formation. ..In at 28,15
Reply
dmz
8 months ago
I bought 500 shares yesterday at 27.10, sold today at 29.5. Re-bought same amount at 29.10, but under water now. Do you have a specific stop loss in place? Below $25?
Reply
SteveHer
8 months ago
Saw this post today morning and got in LABU $26.75. Sold at $29.00 thanks ARPI!!
Reply
bertcoin PRO
7 months ago
Got out 1/2 with you at 35.40. Will re-enter near the close or tomorrow as well. Made good money on LABU so far. Thank you for this idea! I still have $44.42 and $50.53 (Fibs 1.3 and 1.6)) as the targets. Considerable resistance at 37.83 and 39.89 and a gap to 56.12. I am a little worried that the recent low broke below the previous as opposed to the trend line so I'll keep listening to how you see this progressing once it breaks the previous high of 37.83.
Reply
bertcoin PRO
7 months ago
Me too. At $32.40, so picked up $3 from this morning on your advice. Thanks! Nice way to add 9%!
Reply
chartwatchers PRO bertcoin
7 months ago
That's the way love goes!
Buy low sell high !
+1 Reply
aksjetom PRO
7 months ago
snapshot
Reply
aksjetom PRO aksjetom
7 months ago
closed to be sure
Reply
traderzaius
7 months ago
Someone big was trying to cover their shorts today. Expecting a bonanza blow out to close the week.
Reply
dmz
7 months ago
Yesterday, all guests on CNBC were pumping bio/healthcare sector. Always, I see following day dump after their pump of the day. Tomorrow could be back to green. In full size at 32.2. We're still above daily 20 EMA (31.02), maybe we'll tag it. If we do break through/close below, will stop out. That's my plan at least :)
Reply
aksjetom PRO dmz
7 months ago
anyway whatever happens, wish u all profitable trade
Reply
dmz aksjetom
7 months ago
Closed half position today at 32.30. Will keep the rest, but want to be little more conservative.
Reply
koastech
7 months ago
The chart looks ominous.
Reply
aksjetom PRO koastech
7 months ago
Just wanted to share what I see..
Reply
bertcoin PRO
7 months ago
Just taking some chips off the table, or expecting another short term pull back like 14 days ago?
Reply
jinyuji210
7 months ago
I Sell half position. Thanks Sir~ Do you sell all LABU? can we keep buying on dip? or should sell on top?
Reply
chartwatchers PRO jinyuji210
7 months ago
I had 350 shares. Just sold 150.
S&P down -0.25% LABU up 10%. Need to close some gains on the way up.
+4 Reply
toothless chartwatchers
7 months ago
Thanks Arpi! Followed your lead, and looking to add again on a dip.
Reply
bertcoin PRO chartwatchers
7 months ago
I'll call that "taking some chips off the table" - very wise. Thanks for the info!
Reply
archie123
7 months ago
Thanks for the note about taking some profit 'on the way up'. I will follow suite with a portion of LABU.

Do you expect a little dip down before we go up more or will we continue straight up ?

Foolishly bought some LABD Tuesday morning at $26.10 and stupidly did not get out Tuesday at the close (even) .
Trying to decide to hold tight or dump with loss....
Reply
traderzaius
7 months ago
XBI broke 61. New support perhaps.
Reply
xukaitan888
7 months ago
crawling on 100EMA for a few days then jump 9% with bigger volume. Taking profits is always a wise choice but I think we are way early to do that.
Reply
chartwatchers PRO xukaitan888
7 months ago
Taking profit on a partial position only.
+1 Reply
xukaitan888 chartwatchers
7 months ago
I see that. BTW, I like your post. LOL. What is your idea about gold now? I have built long position for gold minutes after FOMC meeting.
Reply
chartwatchers PRO xukaitan888
7 months ago
Buying gold in the Asian pullback tonight
Reply
xukaitan888 chartwatchers
6 months ago
sold my 160 LABU shares in the morning for 1% more. Just keep more money for gold.
Reply
toothless chartwatchers
7 months ago
Good morning! Wait...do you even sleep? haha. Do you still plan to buy LABU on the dips, thinking we will continue onward and upwards as your previous LABU posts? Or will watch and see if we've hit the high? Thanks!
Reply
pbartashevich PRO
6 months ago
I think biotech is ready to correct along with stocks. I would like to add to my position in this correction. I guess that would be 200ema in xbi a good place to add.
+1 Reply
haug01 PRO
6 months ago
Sir, I wanted to ask you why, for the main picture at the start of this thread, you didn't post the S&P Biotech Index SSPB? The highly leveraged 3x etfs like LABU and LABD, decay over time due to daily rebalancing. Over very short periods LABU and LSABD are fine for technical analysis. Wouldn't SSPB be better for longer term technical analysis? Its seems to me, that for longer term positions, all 3x etfs like these should be shorted. In all due respect, Frank.
Reply
pbartashevich PRO
6 months ago
Hi Arpi,

Are you going to re-enter at 200EMA? Or you calling end of this bull? Thanks!
Reply
chartwatchers PRO pbartashevich
6 months ago
Going to reenter again.
+1 Reply
pbartashevich PRO chartwatchers
6 months ago
I will reenter with you then. Thanks!
+1 Reply
toothless chartwatchers
6 months ago
Thank you SO MUCH for this trade, would have never known about it had you not posted for us. Profited 65% following your lead. Mahalos!
Reply
ja.piotr.bor
6 months ago
Whhy selling all?S&P going to correct itself?
Reply
bertcoin PRO
6 months ago
Good morning! Unexpected move to me to sell whole position. Original targets were in the 40's so looks like discipline in play here. I'm still long term bull on this one, so I've followed suit and sold 2/3rd of my position and we'll see how the retracement runs. A profit I never would have seen if not for Arpi. Thank you! Watching the 100EMA on LABU....
Reply
perdp PRO
6 months ago
Thanks alot for introducing me to this trade, 80% on 640labu, thanks!
Reply
bertcoin PRO
6 months ago
Fib retracement .382 lines up nicely with XBI 100EMA and LABU 200EMA for a re-entry point....?
Reply
bertcoin PRO bertcoin
6 months ago
With S&P cautions today and sideways movement of LABU, sold remainder of LABU as well. Will wait for the EMA re-entry point(s).
Reply
ice_holly01
6 months ago
Thank you! Will follow and reenter again.
Reply
traderzaius
6 months ago
Good move
Reply
ice_holly01
6 months ago
Jump in the boat of LABU as well. Thanks for the update.
Reply
watsonzou26
6 months ago
great!
Reply
Nightstar
6 months ago
What do you think Arpi? I'm staring at a big fat triangle which I think is ready to burst..!
Reply
coder
6 months ago
Thanks for the updates! Looked in in AH too. Thanks man!
Reply
Ideas Scripts Chart
United States
United Kingdom
India
España
Italia
Brasil
Россия
Türkiye
日本
한국
Home Stock Screener Economic Calendar How It Works Chart Features House Rules Moderators For the WEB Widgets Stock Charting Library Priority Support Feature Request Blog & News FAQ Help & Wiki Twitter
Private Messages Chat Ideas Published Followers Following Priority Support Public Profile Profile Settings Account and Billing Sign Out