1) After edging up on the sale support as before after making a new high, Nasdaq composite gives room for a formation. Top would be in May if this holds true.
2) , and MACDcan all be traced with following the patterns to top in may should all go up from now.
3) Halloween Indicator or sell in May and go Away - Since the Dow Jones Industrial Average was created in 1896, the market has produced a 5.2% annualized return during the winter months and 1.7% in the summer. With the 2 points above this would fit the bias that has actually materialized many times.
4) How you start a year, is how it will end up. January was not the best month, and some are already biased that 2014 will be shaky.
5) With this it is a mid election year like 2011, so people may give room for a similar dive as in 2011. In 2011 it also had a possible , from top of the head to neckline 10%, then another 10% down from the neckline. Totaling ~20% and also in summer.
Although some say that the outlook is better for the S&P 500 , other suppose that a round of new highs for that index combined with a stall by the Nasdaq and the Russell would make for a “bearish divergence,” pointing to a pullback or consolidation in the near-term. We have already seen a 10% pull back from the 4400 area, meaning should the top materialize in may, and scare traders to follow the , should it be not canceled it will take it down 10% more in summer. And given the run-up in 2013, investors are more cautious in 2014.
No one wants to see a crash, but many are even waiting for a correction to get in. With many indicators forming ground for a pullback, bears may take advantage, while bulls will take profits early. Maybe even before may.