1. What was the proper buy point?
2. How big of a base is still valid?
I wanted to get in on this company, but it looks like good time to wait until it returns to a normal level. $12.50 to 15 is about how far it should fall and still be considered likely to resume in the uptrend, but of course it could go lower. With this type of strong sell off today, it's likely to take on a long basing time frame maybe 3- 6 months.
This is an IBD company so we should stay on the look out for his next recommended buy point. If it lingers around the $15 level for a month or 6 weeks, it may have found support there, and a break out of that lower horizontal range is what I'd want to look for. His buy point would be higher and even would consider this an invalid base it it drops more than 33% from $25 I believe... He would want to wait for a narrower base to form, maybe 12.5% from most recent peak. That way if a company gives a false breakout the handle it would form on its retrace would stay form in the top 50% of the base and not break your 7% max stop loss.
I'm curious what his buy point was before, perhaps on the break of the second base in early March from the early Dec highs?
--> base = 13.03 buy point
Or was it potentially the last red weekly candle at the end of Feb? Perhaps that last little candle was the handle of he cup...
-->Cup w/ handle base = 14.05 buy point
Either way its a 25% base from peak at 13.95 to 10.40.
So questions for discussion would be... comments please...
What was the proper buy point and how big of a base is still valid?