NUGT Daily with indecision doji 02/15/2014

203 4 1
Last week I pointed out that with the break out of the pennant formation, the measured move should take NUGT             to the $54 area and NUGT             came very close to that on Friday. And while I was looking for $54 to complete the measured move, I didn't mean or expect this to happen in one week. With Friday's gap up and doji , we have all the makings of an island reversal for NUGT             , JNUG             and perhaps dozens of other gold             and silver             stocks, ETF's and indexes. However, while it may not be nothin' but blue skies for the next few sessions, according to Bulkowski, the island reversal is not a very reliable pattern and while a lot of people think that all gaps must be filled, the truth is that only about 34% of gaps are actually filled. Of course, we never know in advance which 34% are going to be filled.

I think the bottom line comes down to this: A gap up takes and expends a tremendous amount of energy and NUGT             , et all, need a few days to build cause for the next move, and, with the completion (or very close to the completion) of the measured move, one has to expect a pull back or sideways consolidation to follow. The RSI at 69 is very close to being overbought and a little sideways action or pull back would allow this indicator to recycle lower and then reset for the next move up. Further, NGUT has been and is likely to remain an extremely volatile ETF .

So my plan for now, subject to change at any time without notice, is to hold through what I expect to be a volatile period for the next few days. However, should gold             and NUGT             fall off a cliff             next week, I'm likely to cash out and wait for the next buy signal.


Edit: Just wanted to add that this doji also has the potential of being an abandoned baby. Either way, island reversal or abandoned baby, both require a gap fill as the confirmation.
Thanks again! Do you see a pullback at 35 area?
CurtisM topo54
Not sure about NUGT to 35. Possible but first we'd have to have a gap fill. I'm looking for more of a sideways consolidation. However, if we do get a gap fill, then NUGT could drop to the previous break out area which is close to 35.

Thanks for your comments, and GL
topo54 CurtisM
Thank you - appreciate your view. Next week will tell us the direction. based on previous September pattern..
Very good analysis. I am on the other side - got DUST. Waiting for the correction NUGT and profit in DUST. Overall the jump in gold seems more likely a head fake and the performance of the gold miners a disaster.
EN English
EN English (UK)
EN English (IN)
DE Deutsch
FR Français
ES Español
IT Italiano
PL Polski
SV Svenska
TR Türkçe
RU Русский
PT Português
ID Bahasa Indonesia
MS Bahasa Melayu
TH ภาษาไทย
VI Tiếng Việt
JA 日本語
KO 한국어
ZH 简体中文
ZH 繁體中文
AR العربية
Home Stock Screener Forex Signal Finder Cryptocurrency Signal Finder Economic Calendar How It Works Chart Features House Rules Moderators Website & Broker Solutions Widgets Stock Charting Library Feature Request Blog & News FAQ Help & Wiki Twitter
Profile Profile Settings Account and Billing My Support Tickets Contact Support Ideas Published Followers Following Private Messages Chat Sign Out