oftenbach

QNTUSD: Price surge incoming?

Long
COINBASE:QNTUSD   QNT/USD
COINBASE:QNTUSD

Signs this is so: Contracting triangle that's been simmering for a while now. Spurts of positive price action yesterday, followed by extended lulls, as if to presage joyful tidings, but not before playing you with a couple of dicey-looking comedowns.

Several indicators of significance point to explosive price action upwards in the coming day or days.
  • First, volume has picked up considerably, jumping to 67 from 40k QNTs traded yesterday vs. the day before; it will probably pick up more today as more people trade this oscillation.
  • Next, the MACD (blue) line crossed up the orange signal line on the daily just before midnight UTC . This means the 12-day exponential moving average has now surpassed the 26-day, suggesting bullish near-term sentiment. The last time this happened with QNT , on the 4th of September, its price opened at ≈$187 that day and closed at $223, which alone represents a 20% gain. Yesterday we opened at 291 and closed at 312, representing a 7% increase. We did reach an intraday high of $320, which is a 10% gain--not as jaw-dropping, but keep in mind that QNT's price is a lot higher today than a month ago.
  • The rally didn't stop there; it continued over the next almost 2 weeks, which ultimately saw its price appreciate all the way to $428 a week later on the 11th before the MACD line crossed back down the signal line at $346, on the 17th. Even if you waited that long to cash out, you'd have earned a nice chunk of change--almost twice your initial investment (85% gain more precisely).
  • Last but not least, I sold $2000 of CRV to swap for this token when it was @ $4.11, and QNT was $317, lol. So it better provide damn good returns.

The upshot? Be patient with this one! If you bought some today, hold it for a couple days at minimum if you don't see immediate WOWzerz dividends. Trade the trend, and believe in them triangles, as I like to say. Based on price action from the last few days, I'd say a reasonable target TP1 would be $344.

I've not stated this before, but I suppose I should make it known moving forward just so it doesn't look like I've provided an incomplete analysis every time I post one of these: I don't advise on stop-losses--sorry. Want to know why? Well, where the crypto space is at right now, you'll make your money back even if you lose big initially if you just hold long enough. So my feeling is just layer stop-losses before whatever price the breaching of which would be too much of a loss for you or the people who depend on you to absorb.

Peace, love, and crabs.

-T