- TRON (TRX) is a decentralized platform that leverages blockchain and peer-to-peer network technology in order to facilitate the sharing of entertainment content. TRON aims to disrupt the $1 trillion global entertainment industry by connecting content creators directly with customers, cutting out middlemen like the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store.
- TRON developers have outlined a clear and defined 6-part plan to successfully decentralize the global entertainment industry, content creation business, and gaming industry over the next 8-10 years.
- Last week, TRON developers announced the creation of a $100 million 'Gaming Fund' to invest in blockchain game development on the TRON platform.
- Today, TRON founder Justin Sun announced a $1 million accelerator program on Twitter to assist developers and start-ups with the creation of decentralized applications (DApps) on the TRON platform.
- We believe that TRON's investment in its community paired with their clear and detailed 6-part 8-10 year plan support a long-term case for the decentralized platform. The cryptocurrency industry is moving further away from Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs) with each passing day and decentralized applications that have relied on ICO activity in the past to drive users on its platforms and of its underlying tokens must adapt in order to survive. TRON developers have made it clear that they are seeking out new ways to drive growth of their decentralized network, a step in the right direction amid a cryptocurrency bear market that has seen all altcoins suffer.