You must purchase high-quality historical data such as eSignal to see past price action on this pair as TradingView only allows day up to 1992 on USD/CHF . The lower trend-line has 4 high quality touches rather than just the two TradingView displays.
When the EUR/CHF peg was removed, the USD/CHF pair suffered massive downside losses due to the rapid appreciation of the CHF. Looking at long-term charts, we can see that this CHF appreciation acted as a fundamental catalyst to retest the backside of the after breaking out back in July 2014.
We also reacted beautifully off of the .618 creating a higher low on the monthly chart for USD/CHF . If the USD continues to appreciate against the CHF, we will end Quarter 1 of 2015 with a massive on the quarterly chart for this pair.
1. 25 year breakout - Reversal Pattern
2. Retest of upper trend-line / backside of
3. .618 Respected
4. Higher monthly low formed
5. Price remains buoyant above monthly 50 for the first time since 2001
6. 50/200 Golden Cross about to occur on Weekly Chart. Last cross of these EMA"s was back in 2002 to the downside (Death Cross), last upside cross (Golden Cross) was 1997.
7. Strong USD Fundamentals align with this View. CHF needs to catch up with USD Index.
8. Price has traded above parity for 5 trading days