Many traders try to time major directional moves by using (me included).
Although it often works, it sometime can end up with an unpleasant loss.
Before $YUM's , I sent to the Elite Zone members a setup suggesting that $YUM could reach 92$ and complete a pattern (potential aggressive C scenario).
This aggressive C scenario, started around 76$, got some confirmation signals earlier this week as the stock broke out of a daily downtrend line and closed above several important lines (I use these confirmation signals all the time).
It turned out that $YUM crashed 18% following its reports, way below the stop loss zone (near 74$), violating my setup.
Few after thoughts and conclusions:
1. Re-analyzing the chart confirmed the setup. Sometime you get everything right and yet the result is a loss. It doesn't mean you've done anything wrong.
2. Accept the risk - Especially if you trade earnings! (high risk trades)
3. Use options to decrease your capital at risk (if you do not know how to trade options, learn.. don't use it without proper knowledge)
4. Shake it off! Losses are part of the game.
5. You will never win them all.
Hope that helps some of you.
Tomer, The MarketZone
Follow me on TradingView
Subscribe to my newsletters - http://goo.gl/psNTqg
Follow my blog - http://goo.gl/78KZsl
Subscribe to my Youtube channel - https://goo.gl/q8dbyT