Shorting GBP/AUD as today's high test bar has shown resistance to ~2.0870, the falling trend line and 50 ema all of which have lined up close enough to a tee. Stochastic and RSI also show bearish hidden divergence.
entry - below low of high test bar
stop loss - above high of high test bar
target - at previous low or lower
Visit my Trading Blog
Follow me @amanpaulb
Another short set up on AUDUSD since downward momentum on the previous set up (idea linked) failed is on offer. The present set up comes after a deeper pull back, organic in a sense, into the 50 ema which also lines up with a previous level of support (~0.7250), now acting as resistance, and the 0.618 FIbonacci level. Price closed as a high test bar. Oscillator...
On the S&P 500 and NASDAQ100 indices, closing as a high test bar in the resistance zone, and a bearish engulfing bar on the FTSE100 (UK100) stock index, a sell setup is in order suggesting potential bearish continuation on these three (CFD) indices, following the recent sell off on major indices.
1. S&P 500
The rejection/resistance zone on the S&P 500 comprises...
Looking at the following to sell EUR/USD:
- inside bar
- 50 ema rejection
- resistance at @1.1100
- Fibonacci cluster:
- 0.786 Fibonacci level rejection from previous swing high to swing low and closes below
- 50% retracement between first swing high at the top of the trend line and closes below
- trend line rejection
- Stochastic and RSI convergence
Using the following to back a short entry on EUR/GBP on the daily chart:
- inside bar
- resistance at ~0.7120
- mother candle rejects:
- 50 ema and closes below
- 0.786 Fibonacci level and closes below
- Fibonacci cluster
- falling trend line for the 4th time closing within the downward trend channel
- Stochastic hidden bearish divergence (comparison of...