This is an indicator to highlight area between two earning periods and their highest and lowest points.
- It also alternates the highlight color in each subsequent block.
- Tested to work in 1D charts and 1M charts
- Just drop a message, if you want this further developed with more features.
Note: This was requested by user Meatpye on a forum.
NOTE: If you cannot see beginning boxes, tradingView (tV) has garbage disposal service, so after drawing max number of boxes, it will start to delete old ones to accommodate new ones in FIFO method i.e. First In First Out(delete).
- Added Custom Box Inputs.
- e.g. Input Dates 20210901,20211101,20211205,20220201
- e.g. Input Colors e.g. orange,clear,purple
- Separate dates and colors by commas
- Input in form of DATE, DATE,.... DATE where DATE=yyyymmdd
Supported colors are blue, yellow, green, purple, orange, gray, red, olive, clear
Added Error Handling of Inputs and Output Error in Top Center
ERROR in Custom Inputs:
1.Make sure dates are formatted as yyyymmdd.
2.Number of colors is one less than number of dates.
3.Dates are in ascending order.
4. There must be atleast 2 dates.
Also updated Input Color Tooltip text
Updated error message
- Cleaned color part of the code - It is a separate function and less lines of code
- Added error check so it removes blank spaces from color input i.e. spaces after comma separated colors do not result in error
- Added option to choose which boxes to display, you can choose "both" to display earnings and custom boxes, or select either to display as stand alone
- Just to clarify - Custom box input takes dates in form of yyyymmdd. Each two dates next to each other represent a range.
e.g. 20210601,20210901,20220101,20220201 - This represents three time periods, one from Jun2021 to Sep2021, the next as Sep2021 to Jan2022, and last as Jan2022 to Feb2022
For the colors as there are 3 time periods, we need to input only 3 colors (even though 4 dates are specified), e.g. green, clear, purple - This will color first time period in green, next as blank, and the other as purple
So if you input the color as "clear" it will not highlight that period which can be used to ignore periods between input dates
// - Added error check, so it removes blanks from color string input
// - Added option to choose which boxes to display
In true TradingView spirit, the author of this script has published it open-source, so traders can understand and verify it. Cheers to the author! You may use it for free, but reuse of this code in a publication is governed by House Rules. You can favorite it to use it on a chart.