RSI Trend Detector helps with the direction of trend using PSAR direction which is almost instant direction changing indicator with Zero Lag. The color of the RSI changes immediately based on PSAR direction. One can determine the trend whether its in UP / Down or Sideways.
One can easily detect Pullback and entry points using this indicator.
The basic working can be interpreted with a normal default RSI, The only additional feature is the direction of trend using a SAR signal.
Oversold Zone is below 30
Overbought Zone is above 70
how ever RSI above 50 is treated a UP trend and Below 50 as Down Trend.
when RSI is between 40 and 60 price must be considered as Sideways. One can easily interpret the TREND.
- Yellow Line = RSI Moving Average
- RED and Green Line= RSI
- Grey Zone = Sideways
- Horizontal line = RSI level 50
Settings can be changed as required.
- RSI Above 50 up trend and Entry when color is green
- RSI Below 50 down trend and Entry when color is Red
- RSI in Grey Zone is sideways, wait for a breakout
- RSI above 50 and color is red then its a pullback in uptrend
- RSI below 50 and color is green then its a pullback in downtrend
Up signal and Down Signal are provided when ever RSI crosses RSIMA
Up Signal: RSI crosses RSI Moving Average upwards
Down Signal: RSI crosses RSI Moving Average Downwards
Hope the Tradingview community likes this.
In true TradingView spirit, the author of this script has published it open-source, so traders can understand and verify it. Cheers to the author! You may use it for free, but reuse of this code in a publication is governed by House Rules. You can favorite it to use it on a chart.