Alert presets have been added for convenience, including
- Price enters investor group
- Price rises over investor group
- Price falls under investor group
- Trader-group rises above Investor group
- Trader-group falls below Investor group
Learn more about interpretation and uses of the GMMA in some of Daryl's books, I have thoroughly enjoyed reading "Trend Trading" and am looking forward to reading more of his works.
- alert arrows and conditions on trend changes and pullbacks.
- License under the GNU CPL v3
In true TradingView spirit, the author of this script has published it open-source, so traders can understand and verify it. Cheers to the author! You may use it for free, but reuse of this code in a publication is governed by House Rules. You can favorite it to use it on a chart.
I can tell you spent a lot of time on this one. I have experience building robots with metatrader and calgo but I am new to trading view and pine.
I am almost able to make sense of most of the script but I am baffeled by the ankor and multiplier.
What is the purpose of these 2 variables ?
The anchor can be used to display a consistent timeframe's moving average, no matter which timeframe the users switches to. To put that another way, I can select the 1440 anchor (1 day's worth of minutes) and then if I switch to the 15-minute timeframe, this indicator will still display the 1-day Guppy's lines on my 15-minute timeframe chart.
The multiplier is a helper-variable (to the anchor) that _multiplies_ the currently-selected timeframe's Guppy MMA values, to make them equivalent into those of the selected anchor's timeframe.
I right-click on the indicator and select "Add Alert", the configure the dialog box that appears
This is an example for sell:
- I select "SELL Break Arrow" and "Sell Arrow" into conditions. The alerts are coming but not when the arrow appears. What are the specific conditions to select?
Thanks a lot!