And welcome back to Bitcoin Beats.
This is another version of my previous script, "Range Indicator - Bitcoin Beats".
Designed initially for breakouts but shows adaptive ranges and consolidation in XBTUSD (Haven't tested other assets but should do the same thing).
If we are consolidating (which is most of the time) a good strategy to trade would be to trade ranges. However, as soon as you spot the range it can feel like the range has changed so you lose out on making the monies.
This indicator plots out the average range in a consolidation.
It also shows you when the range has broken in a direction that it previously hasn't broken in. This essentially signifies the the trend changing and gives warning that trading the range may no longer be valid.
There are a few ways to trade this indicator and I will explain 2 of them here.
PLEASE TRADE AT YOUR OWN RISK. YOUR FUNDS ARE YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.
IF YOU TRADE WITH THESE STRATEGIES, YOU ARE TO BLAME FOR YOUR OWN LOSSES.
BY USING THIS INDICATOR YOU AGREE THAT I WILL NOT BE HELD LIABLE IN THE CASE OF YOU LOSING FUNDS.
- Have 2 bitmex accounts open.
- Use on the 30m, 1h, 3h or 12h.
- Long AND Short on both accounts when we hit the middle area. This is called the "Reload Zone".
- When we hit the edge of each side of the plotted range, close the positions in profit.
- You will then have 1 trade underwater.
- If the range is solid, the price will move back to the Reload Zone in which you reload you position that you took profit with.
- You then have both a Long AND Short open after 1 profitable trade.
- Rinse and repeat until you get the "STRATEGY CAUTION" message signifying that the range will most likely break soon.
Strategy 2(least profitable):
- When the "STRATEGY CAUTION" Message appears, you can long or short depending on which side it breaks toward.
- If we break down, short.
- If we break up, Long.
I wouldn't advise this second strategy if you are a beginner as the results are inconclusive and it's more of a hybrid trading strategy, meaning you have to know how to trade with price action flowing.
Usually if it is appearing volatile, you can go to a higher time frame and find the exact range it's catering to, adjusting your strategy accordingly.
See you soon,
Goodbye, from Bitcoin Beats.
Or DM me for any queries.
Access to this script is restricted to users authorized by the author and usually requires payment. You can add it to your favorites, but you will only be able to use it after requesting permission and obtaining it from its author. Contact BitcoinBeats for more information, or follow the author's instructions below.
TradingView does not suggest paying for a script and using it unless you 100% trust its author and understand how the script works. In many cases you can find a good open-source alternative for free in our Community Scripts.
Warning: please read before requesting access.