This indicator lets you configure multiple alert levels for an asset. Zindarra Multi Alerts Pro supports 9 custom alert levels.
You have to manually create an alert in Manage Alerts Panel and configure it to use with this indicator.
Free accounts are limited to only 1 alert slot and this indicator will take it (any existing alerts must be disabled/stopped).
Once the alert is configured, the indicator can be removed from chart to free a slot for another indicator, but you won't see the alert levels.
If you want 10 alert levels and don't need colors and Pro features - use Multi Alerts Simple version instead.
- 9 custom alert levels with labels
- 2 plot modes: plot and price line
- high/low or close level penetration modes
- show/hide levels/labels
- change color based on level position above/below price
- keep or auto disable triggered alerts
- trigger alerts only after a confirmed close
- swap level colors
1. attach indicator to a chart
2. define alert levels in UI settings
3. in TradingView's Manage Alerts panel on the right:
- for free accounts: disable/stop all existing alerts, you are limited to 1 alert slot only. Otherwise you won't be able to save.
- create a new Alert:
- select 'Multi Alerts' indicator name in the Condition dropdown box, leave Level 1 and Multi Alerts Cross as default options
- select 'Once Per Bar' or 'Once Per Minute' instead of 'Only Once' to trigger the alert multiple times
5. click Save. Your 9 alerts are enabled now.
1. change levels/settings in UI . Any changes will also reset already triggered level colors/visibility.
2. in Manage Alerts panel:
- open/edit the alert you created
- select new instance of 'Multi Alerts' indicator name in the Condition dropdown box (appears at the bottom)
- check the Condition dropdown again - a single instance should remain selected.
3. click Save. Your alert settings are updated.
Notes on using alerts:
- attaching this indicator to a chart and configuring alert levels will not automatically enable the alerts - you have to manually create/configure a new alert in the Alerts Panel
- removing this indicator from chart will not disable the alerts, you have to manually disable the alert you created in the Alerts Panel
- your alert in the Alerts Panel uses another instance (copy) of indicator/settings. Any changes won't affect the alert. You have to manually update the alert every time you change any settings in the indicator.
- recompiling and attaching your own version of indicator will require creating a new Alert (delete the old one).
- alerts are designed to work in realtime. In replay mode you will see triggered alert levels hiding/changing colors but there will be no system alert messages. It's best to test the indicator in realtime on (1 min) chart
- you will only see 1 system alert per bar/60 sec when multiple alert levels are crossed with a single bar. However all of these levels will hide/change color in the indicator as expected.
- plot modes: price line - changes color of the whole level, style is not configurable; plot - changes color of a level's segment after each cross, configurable style
- you can only see the alert levels when the indicator is attached to chart, they are not shown by the system alert.
- For source=high/low a directional level penetration is used automatically (crossunder/low and crossover/high). For source=close a standard bidirectional cross is used. Colors always change above/below close.
1. uses plot*, cross*, alertcondition
In true TradingView spirit, the author of this script has published it open-source, so traders can understand and verify it. Cheers to the author! You may use it for free, but reuse of this code in a publication is governed by House Rules. You can favorite it to use it on a chart.