- defining custom timeframe / session windows
- gather a price range from the custom period ( high/low values )
- create a secondary "holding" period through which to display the data collected from the initial session
- simple method to shift times to re-align to preferred timezone
Articles and further reading:
Reason for Study:
- Educational purposes only.
Before considering writing this example I had seen multiple similar questions
asking how to go about creating custom timeframes or sessions, so it seemed
this might be a good topic to attempt to create a relatively generic example.
- Adjusted license info in header, it's a freely usable example.
- Updated variable naming conventions inside `f_captureSessionHL()` - now all prefixed with `_`
In true TradingView spirit, the author of this script has published it open-source, so traders can understand and verify it. Cheers to the author! You may use it for free, but reuse of this code in a publication is governed by House Rules. You can favorite it to use it on a chart.