This indicator is coded to run on Trading View which was originally created by traderathome (TAH), qFish, and all other respective contributors for the mt4 version.
It creates a Range High/Low Lines for the Day by displaying two horizontal lines, one for the computed range high target, and one for the computed range low target. The range is based on the averaging period of 15 days. A day trader looking for quick profits and limited exposure to market price swings might pay more attention to the RDH/ RDL lines.
A. Two conditions determine where range lines appear
1. Condition #1 - the Day range has not exceeded the computed average range.
* The RDH line is the computed average range distance above the session Low.
* The RDL line is the computed average range distance below the session high.
* The lines will move as new highs/lows are achieved during the session.
* This display shows how far price can move in either direction before exceeding the computed average range.
2. Condition #2 - the Day range has exceeded the computed average range.
* If price swings during the day TF cause the difference between the high and the low to equal the computed range, the range lines lock into place.
* This display will clearly show any subsequent breakout of the range.
B. The purpose of the range lines is to provide a perspective on how far PA might move during the trading day. This can be of some guidance in selecting where to exit a trade.
Due to pinescript limitations, the Weekly HL is separated into another indicator which you may wish to add it into your chart