The Volume Breakout indicator (VB) is a technical analysis tool that highlights candles with significant trading volume. It helps traders identify potential breakout periods characterized by high volume activity.
How it Works:
The Volume Breakout indicator compares the volume of each candle with a user-defined minimum volume threshold. If the volume of a candle exceeds or is equal to the specified minimum volume requirement, the indicator identifies it as a volume breakout and marks it accordingly.
To effectively utilize the Volume Breakout indicator, follow these steps:
1. Apply the VB indicator to your chart by adding it from the available indicators.
2. Customize the minimum required volume parameter according to your trading preferences. This parameter determines the threshold volume level that a candle must meet or exceed to be considered a breakout candidate.
3. Observe the candles on the chart:
- Candles that meet or exceed the minimum required volume are highlighted with a specific color (yellow by default), indicating potential breakout periods.
4. Pay attention to the volume breakout indications within the candles, as they suggest periods of increased trading activity.
5. Analyze the price action accompanying the volume breakout candles. Breakouts often indicate a surge in buying or selling pressure, potentially leading to significant price moves or trend reversals.
6. Combine the analysis of volume breakout candles with other technical analysis tools, such as trend lines, support and resistance levels, or indicators, to confirm potential trade setups.
7. Implement appropriate risk management strategies, including setting stop-loss orders and position sizing, to manage your trades effectively and protect your capital.
1. Alerts display the volume value of the breakout.
2. The default minimum volume requirement has been raised.
In true TradingView spirit, the author of this script has published it open-source, so traders can understand and verify it. Cheers to the author! You may use it for free, but reuse of this code in a publication is governed by House Rules. You can favorite it to use it on a chart.