How to set this up:
Step 1 - Find a a trend
Step 2 - Identify the candles that touches the trendline
Step 3 - Click on the indicator
Step 4 - Set the X1 and Y1 coordinates for the start of the trend
Step 5 - Set the X2 and Y2 coordinates for the last relevant candle of the trend
Step 6 - Write the number in the yellow box down (in this case 880)
Step 7 - Open the settings of the indicator
Enter the number from the yellow box into the box titled "Run" - Press "OK"
Step 8 - Chart should/could now show Buy/Sell Signals for the Dojis and/or Bullish or Bearish Three Line Strikes
1. If your trendline is bearish (X1/Y1 is higher than X2/Y2) only bearish signals will appear and vice versa
2. You can change the ATR multiples from trendline in the settings - I prefer 2 (which is also the default)
3. You can toggle Big Engulfing and/or Three Line Strike on or off (exact functionality as per The Moving Average functionality)
4. You can construct the type of doji you would like to see at the bottom of the settings screen - I prefer the following settings:
Dominant Wick Multiple - 2
Recessive Wick Multiple - 2
Body Multiple - 5
5. I place my SL above last high (shorts) or last low (longs) but could also use the trendline for this
6. I use TP with RRR off 1:2 but much more is obviously possible.
7. ONLY ONE INTERACTIVE TRENDLINE CAN BE USED ON THE SAME CHART
8. THE NUMBER IN THE YELLOW BOX IS RELEVANT TO THE TIMEFRAME THAT THE TRENDLINE WAS CREATED ON. IF YOU CHANGE
TIMEFRAMES IT WILL NOT WORK
Happy to receive constructive criticism and/or suggestions for improvements on the settings.
In true TradingView spirit, the author of this script has published it open-source, so traders can understand and verify it. Cheers to the author! You may use it for free, but reuse of this code in a publication is governed by House Rules. You can favorite it to use it on a chart.