I'm neither economist nor investment advisor, but the rise of cryptocurrency got me thinking about physical currency in America.
Most of us know the U.S. Treasury prints money. Here's a chart, roughly, of how much they've been printing:
There are several measures of money supply, but FRED:M2 is a fair picture of how much ...
1. This amazing growth of SPX500 Index was made mostly by QEs.
2. It's just an iflation of stock market and nothing more!
3. It means, that value of money (of USD) has dropped significantly since 2000.
4. World financial crisis in 2008 made the spread between SPX500 and SPX500/M2 start broadering with acceleration.
5. And we have what we have. Just look at ...