In this 10-minute video we aim to explain what's happening in the bond market, and as a result its implications to the USD, to stocks, the USDJPY and gold. Today's US Consumer Price Index (CPI) data due for release on Wednesday at 1230 GMT may be already priced in and prices may not display logical textbook reactions.
Gold is trying to recover. Still in the downward channel, now at a key resistance area as shown in the chart. Also has 50EMA confluence there.
Watch out for the action around this key zone. Can determine the direction based on breakout or breakdown at this key zone.
Great one here straight off the bat great upside potential - ignore indicator below its inaccurate gold will push up
Gold did its thing in 2020, the worse financial year since WWII, and I have to say it was nothing impressive. Investors pilled up in foreign stocks and digital assets, gold resembles more and more a pure commodity than a monetary safe heaven.
Currently is hitting the 200ma, and for me it will keep going down, perhaps to retest lower levels, after that a long...
1) XAUGBP has broken out of what looked to be a descending triangle pattern
2) Price closed above 20/50/100 EMA after thursdays rally and held above this on friday
3) XAUUSD rise will give positive sentiment to gold (correlation)
4) Biden victory
5) GBP weakness seen all of last week
6) Linked to point 5 - Brexit uncertainty / news releases...