Recently I experimented with TradingView's "fundamental metrics" feature by mixing and matching up the financial information indicators. Finally, created a dedicated layout called "Fundamental analysis" and I like it a lot. Realizing that this feature is receiving less attention than it should be getting, I've decided to share my setup with everyone who's reading...
There are many ways to use fibonacci sequences ("fibs").
This idea uses quantifiable price data to justify where the fibs should start and end.
We will look at TSLA in hindsight (Nov. 2020 to Jan 2021)
- Fibs extend from point (a) entry, to point (b) trailing stop loss ("T.S.L") price
- calculation of T.S.L in this example is based on this...
This thing gapped up one year ago, finally comes back down 190 bars (1D) later for a pullback.
- Timeframe: Daily
- Backtested using this strategy to scan for reversals (could be false, but decent win-rates to convince that it could be sometimes be true)
- Using price gaps to identify trends, then using volume profile - fixed range (VPFR). to...
Currently watching TSLA because of the hype over Q3 earnings (to be announced).
About this setup:
- Investment horizon: Medium term (i.e 2 weeks to a month).
- Timeframe: Daily chart
- Strategy used for backtesting: Mean Reversion (ATR) Strategy
Idea: Using Price by Volume Histogram to find current support. Also, we want to mimic the initial point of...
- hourly timeframe
- using my script "Relative Volume + ATR Strategy" to plot out significant price areas, assume they are areas of support/resistance (Orange lines)
Bias: Long. However, expects price rejection at 120. If the breaks out of 120, then at most it will re-test 126 before coming back down to one of those orange lines.
Referring the left side chart only
This is an hourly chart of SNAP backtested using my Script: " Relative Volume Strategy "
From backtested trades, we got stopped out two times in a row in this 70-75 price range. Still, this proves to be a significant price area.
The win-rate with the default settings is approx. 35%. Odds of winning next time should be in our...
Using past consolidation zones to determine key areas of support/resistance ("S/R")
In this chart, I'm using a script that I've published (called " Bollinger bands + RSI Strategy" ) to determine the key areas of S/R (refer to Note 1 (below) to briefly understand how the script behind works). For the purpose of this analysis, we will ignore the performance of...
Expecting SHOP to fill the recent gap at $1,120. In this case, entry for long position could be at that price, or slightly below it.
Fundamental wise, SHOP has a strong balance sheet as of December 31, 2020. Earnings should remain stable going forward. Even if COVID is gone, people will continue to enjoy shopping online from the comfort of using their smart...