UPDATE 5/6: Stopped out with a bang. Result: -1R.
UPDATE 2/6: The position has not been stopped out as the S/L has been in fact set on 100.469.The order was quite conservative (half the pin bar) what allowed for some more room between opening price and S/L.
This is a bit of a long shot. I went short after the ...
UPDATED 08/06: Stopped out on both trades. Result -2R.
Going long after bullish pinbar with long knot around long term support. Entry around the levels where the first attempt was stopped out:
1) Buy limit, half of pin bar, S/L below candle, T/P important highs from monthly chart, R/R 6
2) Buy stop, above pin ...
UPDATE 30/04: Stopped out both positions. Result: -2R
After a double top on retracement and breaking 31/3 low looking down around lows from 11/3.
1. Conservative - sell limit at half pin bar, s/l over candle, t/p slightly above low from 11/3, r/r 4.55
2. Aggressive - sell stop at bottom of pin bar, ...
UPDATE 15/04: Got the fill yesterday, stopped out today. Result -1R.
Horizontal channel support tested with a candle that ended up as a bullish pin bar.
Long knot shows a strong demand at these levels.
Entry in the middle of the pin bar. Conservative entry to get a higher risk/reward ratio.
S/L below the lowest ...
UPDATE 9/4 - Direction as expected, the move was very aggressive and did not allow the limit sell to fill. With an aggressive entry at the bottom of marubozu, price would already hit t/p level. Having said that, I am taking the limit order of the market.
Red horizontal resistance (once support, see candle from ...
UPDATE 5/5: Stopped out on both positions. Result: -2R
1. Buy limit half of 26/03 pin bar, s/l under horizontal support, t/p around highs on monthly chart, R:R 3,5:1
2. Buy stop top of 26/03 pin bar, s/l under horizontal support, t/p around highs on monthly chart, R:R 2:1
Let the euro QE roll...
1) Stopped out = -1R
2) Set the orders after 16/3 candle surpassed the sell stop, never activated - 0R
Reasons for the trade:
- bearish pin bar
- trendline unsuccessfully tested
- 9-day MA touched
- .618 retrace of the most recent drop
1) sell limit half of pin bar
- s/l ...
UPDATE 12/03: 2) scratched
1) 2 won on 1 risked
2) 0 won on 1 risked
2 won on 2 risked
UPDATE 11/03: 1) TP hit, profit taken 2) stop moved to b/e
Two short entries after .618 pullback and trendline fakeout:
1) sell limit at half of pinbar, with TP on low 10/2014
2) sell stop under lows 2/2013 ...
Update 6/3/15: Original sell limit perfectly touched. The drop cut through TP without looking back. Lesson learned not to chicken out next time.
Update 3/3/15: I took the pending trade off. Didn't like the bullish pin bar emerging & support levels being again tested unsuccessfully. Let's see what happens without ...