YaKa
Short

SP500 - 2070 - SELL THE NEWS

CME_MINI:ES1!   S&P 500 E-MINI FUTURES
401 13 13
Change of stance.

Conclusion:
- Sell 2070 on SP500             future.
- Sell 10,550 on DAX             . (this time I prefer to short the US)

Reasoning:
1 – The news is well priced and was kind of leaked without tremendous upside.
2 – Earlier this week, I thought the market would climb to 2070 before the news and the market could climb another 3% after the news – did not happen.
3 – Key European bonds are already trading very tight and it is unlikely this QE can drive yields lower and provide a substantial boost to equities .
4 – Monthly statistics are stretched
- DAX             that moves on average 700pts a months and is already 1000pts wide this month (1200 at 10550).
- SP500             that moves on average 95pts per month, will reach that target at 2070.
5 – From a game theory point of view, the capping zone is well known now and a breakout that does not complete to speed limit could be the trap/signal missing.
6 - The volatility has not abated – the moves are very wide – I read this as very unhealthy. I don’t know any precedent to compare this with.
7 – The apex of the cone is getting very narrow – I find a bit too easy for the bulls to enjoy more upside to their final 2015 target.

Other comments:
- Gold             may end up reaching 1340 and may initially benefit from the QE and the correction.
- Oil             which had its own life could be floored at 44 and XLE             could move up.
- In the EM space, I thought Brazil could go up. Could this hold true if the rest of the market corrects. Possible.
- EURUSD             – not sure but clearly it will drive the relative performance of US versus Europe.

Risk Management:
Short 40% SP500             at 2070 and watch until the end of the month – Time stop 1 week.
On SP500             , the risk is an extension to 2140.
On DAX             , the risk is an extension to 10,100.
In both cases, if the risk limits are not breached, the levels Shorted shall be seen again before further upside.

Other trading:
Short 5% USDIDR             , the chart is a perfect range over the last 20Y
Bund             – SHORT 158.50 if provided (it is probably falling already and I am already short 60% at 155.80)
Long to 2200.
Reply
YaKa PRO charlie.delta.trader
2 years ago
Well noted.
Reply
YaKa PRO charlie.delta.trader
2 years ago
One thing I am convinced about: 2200 is only possible in May.. you need a rally that lasts 5 months.
Possible- remains to be seen.
Reply
elp
2 years ago
Another great post Yacine! I was looking around the same level for resistance. If jan highs are clearly broken, then it would open up all time highs. However if Jan highs holds as resistance, imo October lows to highs hwb could be a level of support for price to rip off. Break the hwb and 61.8 would open up October lows. Also looked at QE 1 2 3 and OT, price rallied after each QE announcement into resistance, QE 1 was a month of sideways chop, QE 2 & 3 rallied a few days into resistance before selling off. OT just sold off. The average % correction for QE 1 2 3 & OT is 13% that would put the spx near October lows if there is a correction. where ECB QE follows a similar path of FED QE.
snapshot
Reply
YaKa PRO elp
2 years ago
I must say my conclusions have not been stable in the last 2 weeks but right now a move down a few days after annoucement is my base scenario...

Surely an important junction for the market with lasting impact
Reply
elp YaKa
2 years ago
Yes the market is at an important junction. Have been following the DOW too and it ran into a fib extension where price reacted off it on a monthly chart. I don´t think it´s coincidence either.
snapshot
2008 ran into a -23,6 and corrected so I am taking caution here from left of the chart.
+1 Reply
elp elp
2 years ago
snapshot
Reply
YaKa PRO elp
2 years ago
snapshot


yes. below 17100.. opens a roller coaster - needs confirmation there
+1 Reply
YaKa PRO elp
2 years ago
Can you really use fibonacci projection in linear over such a long period?
1 point in 1900 is huge, now irrelevant...
I guess there is no definite answer to that.
Reply
elp YaKa
2 years ago
Time & price don´t know or understand logarithmic or linear, that is only us, we give power to it. If I notice price is reacting to either scale, where price is respecting it, I take notice.
Reply
elp YaKa
2 years ago
Price levels from fib extensions don´t change from either scale, only trendlines change.
Reply
YaKa PRO elp
2 years ago
If you saw it working on this scale - then i trust you.
Reply
YaKa PRO YaKa
2 years ago
so in conclusion we have:
Market could go up 2% in the next 2/3 days. To monitor if climbs more.
If market falls 3% from here after the news then, we have a sell confirmation.
As usual, the good level to short is before confirmation.
The confirmed level is difficult to manage from a money management point of view.
+1 Reply
Ideas Scripts Chart
United States
United Kingdom
India
España
Italia
Brasil
Россия
Türkiye
日本
한국
Home Stock Screener Economic Calendar How It Works Chart Features House Rules Moderators For the WEB Widgets Stock Charting Library Priority Support Feature Request Blog & News FAQ Help & Wiki Twitter
Private Messages Chat Ideas Published Followers Following Priority Support Public Profile Profile Settings Account and Billing Sign Out