Do not trust me. I am a beginner in terms of performance and veteran in terms of experience. The market does not care about the latter remember that always.
This is my analysis for FSLR a stock I have traded successfully and unsuccessfully in the past.
Where are we standing?
- Inside a wide multi-week box starting early December 2017 consolidating the 50 point run from the lows.
- Current price action is at approaching resistance.
- Stock acting strong after a 1-week small consolidation in early March.
Even longer timeframe (monthly):
- We sit in front of pocket from the calamitous 2011 fall. 112 should be the longer timeframe target for a future move.
Where are we heading:
- Rejection of multi-year resistance and we go back to trade inside the box or consolidate around the current level. (red line / )
- Continuation previous to consolidation at the 75-76 level. 2018 highs. (orange horizontal line / ))
- This is where things get interesting and for this, you need the monthly chart as the next point of resistance will be 112.12 YES, 37 points above of the current price action. (purple line / )
I admit Scenario 3 is short-term is a bit wishful thinking yet worth keeping in mind as possible.
How to trade it:
- If you have traded this from within the box adjust your stops accordingly closer to the top of the box.
- In the longer timeframe leaps could be potentially interesting with the bigger goal in mind.
Thanks for reading. Views are my own.