1. Plan every trade on paper before entering it
2. Set clear goals : daily, weekly, monthly, yearly
3. Journal every trade
4. Master the basics, and practice key skills to build competence
5. Stick with what you know, don’t try anything fancy without being comfortable first
6. Keep a journal to build on success and learn from mistakes
7. Monitor yourself and develop yourself
8. Study and learn continually with focus on full comprehension
9. Manage your money and risk constantly
10. Keep your pride and ego in check, they won’t make you money
11. Keep a clear head and listen to it, but don’t get caught up in emotions. Stay objective.
12. Keep your awareness high, especially regarding time.
13. This is a marathon not a sprint .
14. Keep respect for the market, yourself, and your money.
15. Think every trade all the way through, including all possibilities.
16. Review your trades, your journal, your goals, and your milestones on a regular basis. Build on success and avoid the same mistakes.
17. Do your trading in an organized place and adhere to your policies and this success sheet
18. Run your trading the same way you’d run your business. It is YOUR BUSINESS.