An Undervalued REIT With A Nice Dividend

128 0 3
WHAT IS A REIT? http://www.snhreit.com/
A real estate investment trust, or REIT, is a company that owns and, in some cases, operates income producing real estate such as offices, hotels, healthcare facilities, apartments, shopping centers, etc. In order to qualify to be a REIT under the United States Internal Revenue Code, a company generally must distribute annually at least 90% of its taxable income to its shareholders. REITs generally pay little or no corporate income taxes because they are able to deduct dividends they pay from their taxable earnings .

The United States Congress created REITs in 1960 to make investments in large scale, income producing real estate accessible to smaller investors. Investors in REITs may benefit from greater diversification through investing in a portfolio of properties, rather than a single building, and by having their investment managed by experienced real estate professionals.

REITs are total return investments and they typically provide high dividends plus the potential for moderate, long term capital appreciation. Generally, long term total returns which can be realized by ownership of REIT stocks are likely to be somewhat less than the returns of higher risk high growth stocks and somewhat more than the returns of lower risk bonds.

SNH             is well-positioned to benefit from America’s rapidly aging populace. Currently, 55% of Senior Housing’s property is senior housing, while the other 45% is mostly in medical office buildings. Having said that the age 65+ population is growing more rapidly than the rest of the country in USA (and will require increasing numbers of healthcare and assisted living facilities), SNH             should be in good shape.
Soon, more than 20% of the country will be above the age of 65 – and that number has more than doubled since 1970. Indeed, with a two-headed business that encompasses both healthcare and senior housing, SNH             should be able to capitalize as more and more people enter their golden years. Plus, SNH             is the industry leader in private pay assets, meaning the firm should be able to weather the uncertainties surrounding Obamacare and Medicare.
Bottom line: With a juicy yield (SNH’s dividend – which, at just shy of 7%, is quite attractive), relatively cheap valuation, and a well-positioned business, SNH             is one of the more intriguing income opportunities out there today.

Buy this Real Estate Investment Trust, at about the suggested price. Hope we all could benefit, based on the completion of this WW wave (http://www.wolfewave.com/) pattern
EN English
EN English (UK)
EN English (IN)
DE Deutsch
FR Français
ES Español
IT Italiano
PL Polski
TR Türkçe
RU Русский
PT Português
ID Bahasa Indonesia
MS Bahasa Melayu
TH ภาษาไทย
VI Tiếng Việt
JA 日本語
KO 한국어
ZH 简体中文
ZH 繁體中文
Home Stock Screener Forex Signal Finder Cryptocurrency Signal Finder Economic Calendar How It Works Chart Features House Rules Moderators Website & Broker Solutions Widgets Stock Charting Library Feature Request Blog & News FAQ Help & Wiki Twitter
Profile Profile Settings Account and Billing My Support Tickets Contact Support Ideas Published Followers Following Private Messages Chat Sign Out