Fundamental : i dont believe the fed will change interest rate. to risk for US economic.
For you to know, i never use stop loss. my mentor said " why you use stop loss if you know support and resistant. if market against you you must prepare to do hedging if neccesary"
How do you clear the non-performing positions from your portfolio without swallowing the same amount of loss that you would either way take with normal Stop-Loss order ?
i allocate loss, not lock it yet. if it keep moving against me. it simple, i just looking another pait to trade. for you to know i never married in on trade. i used only small amount to trade so i can spread in many trade.
Reason why i never use stop loss, i think Goldman Sach never use stop loss in $ 1 billion of their trade. i can't imagine how much they afford to lose on that trade if they use stop loss.
if you want to hedge, please do not in one broker. it's important because if you only use one single broker, you cannot trade balance (carry and trade).
How does it matter to "hedge" with different brokers? At the end of the day, you either going to be $500 up, or $500 down (gross), regardless of your dealer.
Goldman has $9.3 billion revenue for 1Q14, how does that compare to your account (if we are to collate on "margins for error" basis) ?
If they never took loses, people would start asking questions ( http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/10/goldman-sachs-not-a-singl_n_570196.html ), Proprietary trading, regardless of the money management system, is not 100% efficient. It is all for appearance purposes.
Large trading houses often have a "yard" or two in options, mainly driven by event risk. So far, I have not met anyone putting out even just a few "rocks" for the carry. it is a nice bonus if you have hard asset as collateral, but in the case of purely speculating currency fluctuations, the most optimistic scenario will earn 3 - 5% of your position, which has no way of compensating for the remaining 95% loss.