Daily Timeframe: Little price movement on the has a resulted in the market remaining capped between a small daily supply area coming in at 119.95-119.14, and a daily demand area seen at 115.55-116.38. It will be interesting to see what the 4hr timeframe has to say about this…
4hr Timeframe: The 4hr timeframe shows that the buyers and sellers continue to battle for position between a 4hr supply area seen at 118.84-118.52, and a 4hr demand area at 116.91-117.22.
With all of the above taken into consideration, we can see that the is trading just above a weekly swap level, and has printed a potential signal (inside-bar candle pattern). The on the other hand shows that in order for this signal to ‘work’, price would have to take out a near-term daily supply area (see above for levels). With this in mind, we believe there to be two options for any bulls out there:
1. Trade within the current 4hr range from the aforementioned 4hr demand area (tentative buy orders are seen just above at 117.25). This is clearly a respected zone, and will likely react again. However, we personally would only take a trade here with lower-timeframe confirmation since fakeouts are so very common within consolidative areas such as here.
2. The second option is a more conservative one, and requires patience. One would have to wait for price to close above the small 4hr supply area coming in at 119.31-119.12 (located just within the daily supply area mentioned above at 119.95-119.14). This will be the cue to begin looking for fresh longs as the path would then likely be clear up to a nice-looking 4hr supply area sitting at 120.73-120.39.
The approach to selling this market is a little different as we mustn't forget that price is currently trading above a major weekly swap level (see above). Does this mean that selling is out of the question? Absolutely not. Areas to watch for selling action are as follows:
1. The 4hr supply area at 118.84-118.52, which forms the upper limit of the current 4hr range. Entering short at around 118.47 is a valid sell. But one that (in our opinion) requires confirmation.
2. The 4hr supply area that was just mentioned at 119.31-119.12 (tentative sell orders are seen just below at 119.08). This area is effectively the last line of defense for the aforementioned daily supply area. Again, we would only consider shorts here with corresponding lower-timeframe confirmation.
Current buy/sell levels:
• Buy orders: 117.25 (Predicative stop-loss orders seen at: 116.85).
• Sell orders: 118.47 (Predicative stop-loss orders seen at: 118.88) 119.08 (Predicative stop-loss orders seen at: 119.38).