USD spike up since Trump elected as US President. The rally is strong and broke above up .
- “Global investors are favoring conditions in the U.S. market
- Offshore investors pulled money out of emerging Asia into U.S. Treasury, regional currencies were walloped. Malaysian ringgit dove 2.7%, according to FactSet.
- There are significant near-term uncertainties in the first few weeks after the election, as markets are waiting for President-elect Trump to lay out his policy directions.
- Understand Trump. Trump anti-Islam, anti-globalization, and anti-green. Pro- business, pro-American.
- The falling MYR is not an attack to Ringgit (based on current findings). Basically, emerging country will get hit as Trump favor in reduce tax, boost bank sector (loan). Offshore investment to US.
- Malaysia point of view, MYR is very weak fundamentally, and is vulnerable to news. Thus, it get hit badly. Depreciated more than 12% in one day.!! But recover a bit shortly.