- A simple but highly customisable display of previous higher time-frame
OHLC values, drawn using line.new and label.new. Nothing fancy but...
- Customised resolution input which excludes time frames lower than 1 hour
while extending the common higher reference inputs to include:
• 6, and 12 Hour
• 5 Day
• 3, and 6 Month
• 1 Year
- Alert conditions using an adjustable SMA to help reduce false positive
- Full visual customisation options for (almost) every aspect, so it can be
tuned to suit most individual preferences.
- In line with the miriad visual customisation options is the ability to
change the display format of the Labels, to show more or less information,
or disable them altogether.
====== REASON FOR STUDY
- To practice advanced user input option handling to allow for a full visual
customisation experience without stepping outside of, or interfering with,
the intended function of the indicator.
- Provide reasonably clear code commenting and structure in order to be
useful as a potential learning aid for others, and future reference for
Any trade decisions you make are entirely your own responsibility.
I've made an effort to squash all the bugs, but you never know!
Old lines were not being cleared as expected upon period change, this issue has been resolved to the best of my knowledge.
The fix introduced a new bug (which has also been resolved) where, although the old lines were clearing properly, upon entering
a new period the new lines would not draw the proper extension due to their x1 and x2 values sharing the same space. The fix
for this was to simply set the x1 value to the previous bar index, allowing the extension to draw immediately upon entering a
Unobtrusive dotted vertical line to denote the proper start of the period, as the horizontal lines now have their starting point set
back 1 candle. The lines use the colouring for the label background for now.
Just a little code cleaning.
Will do one last full sweep of the code for cleanup soon - Jay
• Thanks to the new 'inline' and 'group' functionality added to inputs, I have been able to GREATLY extend customisation, while keeping things nicely organised.
• Lines now terminate at the expected close of the reference period, thanks to:
• Labels have been split into "Header" and "Price, with the period info sitting on the open of the level, and the price to the far right.
• Ability to set colours and styles independently for each level.
• Ability to show/hide the previous-previous OHLC level extensions.
• Cleaned up alert functionality a bit, and properly handling clean up of old out-dated X markers
In true TradingView spirit, the author of this script has published it open-source, so traders can understand and verify it. Cheers to the author! You may use it for free, but reuse of this code in a publication is governed by House Rules. You can favorite it to use it on a chart.