Use these ALFs similar to an MA or ROC on the VI+ or VI-, as they indicate the strength of the uptrend/downtrend and can help spot tops and bottoms earlier (when the VI line crosses through the ALF the ALF will change color)
- Added configurable horizontal lines to show periods of extremely high/low trend strength. Also can be used to help call tops/bottoms.
- Add horizontal ranges with background color/
- Added background color for when RSI is above a certain level (50 by default). Etienne Botes has mentioned using Vortex with RSI of the same period being over 50.0 can filter out false signals.
- Added background color for when VI+ and VI- cross.
- Added adaptive lookback length based on timeframes. I don't recommend daytrading using multiple vortex timeframes, but it can be useful when screening/analyzing stocks.
In true TradingView spirit, the author of this script has published it open-source, so traders can understand and verify it. Cheers to the author! You may use it for free, but reuse of this code in a publication is governed by House Rules. You can favorite it to use it on a chart.