Here Tweezers and Kangaroo Tail script is in your service. The script searches for / Kangaroo Tail patterns and shows them as T ( ) and K (Kangaroo Tail). Thanks to RorschachT who game me the idea and some details while working on this script.
What are these patterns?
- A tweezers pattern occurs when the highs/Lows of two occur at almost exactly the same level
- Both candles must have wicks
- Bigger Wick / Smaller Wick rate should not be greater than 150% (150% by default and you have option to change it)
- First Candle must be highest/lowest for last 5 candles (5 by default and you have option to change it)
- The level of High for Top, Low for Bottom must be almost lower than 20% of the bigger wick of candles (20% by default and you have option to change it)
- The Candles can be right next to each other or apart but not more than 12 candles apart (12 by default and you have option to change it)
- You will see that Tweezers pattern occurs frequently
- Looks almost like a or candle
- They have both its open and close in the top or bottom third of the candle
- There must be some space/room on the left of the kangaroo tail
- The open and close of the Kangaroo Tail candle must be inside the range of the previous
- The next candle should create a new high or new low
- You have several options to set details about the "Room" that should be on the left and also options for Wick/Body rates
- You can see example below
You have option to enable/disable any of these patterns.
as far as I have tested they are strong reversal patterns but none of the indicators or patterns may not be enough alone. so you should confirm the signals using other indicators or tools
If you need more information you can find a lot of info on the net ;)
Example: Tweezers - Aparted
Example: Kangaroo Tail -
In true TradingView spirit, the author of this script has published it open-source, so traders can understand and verify it. Cheers to the author! You may use it for free, but reuse of this code in a publication is governed by House Rules. You can favorite it to use it on a chart.