This can be used to replace the built-in volume bar with a more advanced version that is designed to facilitate Volume Spread Analysis. The basic idea is to clearly call out areas of high and low volume that help a trader determine where to "Smart Money" may be attempting to move the market. Volume is an incredible powerful tool for the retail trader; learn how to use it.
Grey bar are Below Average volume .
Blue bars are Average Volume , from a 20sma of volume .
Orange bars are 2-sigma (or 2 standard deviations) above average.
Magenta bars are 3-sigma (3 standard deviations) above average.
The plotted lines represent these levels.
Yellow bars have relatively higher volume compared to the previous bar.
The study can also apply these same colors to the price candles themselves, as well as showing buying and selling pressure of the volume bars.
- Added tooltips to better explain input options.
- Split volume bar and moving average plot visibility levels and default the MAs to much more transparent to improve readability.
- Upgraded to PineScript v5
- Improved use of "security" function to improve accuracy of higher timeframe buy/sell strength.
- Cleaned up inputs and added more customization options for colors and candle painting.
In true TradingView spirit, the author of this script has published it open-source, so traders can understand and verify it. Cheers to the author! You may use it for free, but reuse of this code in a publication is governed by House Rules. You can favorite it to use it on a chart.