Key components of the original indicator:
• The DIRECTIONAL MOVEMENT INDEX (DMI) is a technical indicator that measures both the strength and direction of a price movement and is intended to reduce false signals.
• The DMI uses two standard indicators, one negative ( ) and one positive ( ), in conjunction with a third, the AVERAGE DIRECTIONAL INDEX ( ), which is non-directional but shows momentum.
• The larger the spread between the two primary lines, the stronger the price trend. If +DI is way above -DI the price trend is strongly up. If -DI is way above +DI then the price trend is strongly down.
• ADX measures the strength of the trend, either up or down; a reading above 20 indicates a strong trend.
ADX is plotted as a single line with values ranging from a low of zero to a high of 100. ADX is non-directional; it registers trend strength whether price is trending up or down. The indicator is usually plotted in the same window as the two DMI lines, from which ADX is derived. When +DI is above -DI, there is more upward pressure than downward pressure in the price. Conversely, if -DI is above +DI, then there is more downward pressure on the price. This indicator may help traders assess the trend direction. Crossovers between the lines are also sometimes used as trade signals to buy or sell, theay are the main trade signals. A long trade is taken when the +DI crosses above the -DI and an uptrend could be underway. Meanwhile, a sell signal occurs when the +DI instead crosses below the -DI.
Main functions of this modified indicator:
1) You can select the type of MOVING AVERAGE, among many available options ( , , , , etc.)
2) The SOURCE for the counts can be determined by the trader (close, open, etc).
3) The MEASURE can be based on a CANDLES count if you are trading OHLC Charts from 1D onwards, or if your trading is intraday, you can also select counts by MINUTES, HOURS or DAYS, depending on your trading style.
4) LENGTH, by default it will be loaded as in the STRATEGY, but considering the previous point, you can modify it according to your convenience.
5) You have the option to hide or show a LABEL at the top of the chart, with respect to the signals: BULLISH green, BEARISH red.
Main performance functions of this modified indicator:
I) In the case of the PERFORMANCE that appears at the right of the chart, you have the option to adjust the WIDTH of each box.
II) The TEXT of the PERFORMANCE is not modifiable, but you can customize the default color. *
III) The BACKGROUND of the PERFORMANCE, you can customize the default color. *
IV) You have the option to hide or show a PERFORMANCE that appears at the right of the chart.
Main functions to customize the style of this indicator:
a) You can select the color for ADX and for DMI, with the colors that best suit you.
b) The CROSSOVER/CROSSUNDER signal between DI+ and DI- can also be customized. *
c) For any type of SIGNAL, it is painted as a VERTICAL LINE in the graph, you can change the color that comes by default. *
d) In the case of the LABELS that appear at the top, the text is not modifiable, but you can customize both the type of label and change the default color. *
e) You can select the colors for the BACKGROUND of the indicator according to the trend, whether it is BEARISH or BULLISH, with the colors that best suit you. *
* By default, they are marked as red for downtrends and green for uptrends.
Access to this script is restricted to users authorized by the author and usually requires payment. You can add it to your favorites, but you will only be able to use it after requesting permission and obtaining it from its author. Contact Trading_ED for more information, or follow the author's instructions below.
TradingView does not suggest paying for a script and using it unless you 100% trust its author and understand how the script works. In many cases you can find a good open-source alternative for free in our Community Scripts.
Warning: please read before requesting access.