The optional HullMA (any any other MA pair) are used to confirm the swing direction. The indicator also plots the two KitKat Support and Resistance lines with optional High/Low labelling on KitKat1 lines.
This indicator tool is suitable for any time frame and can be traded with Binary Option (even 1min) orders (2-3 candle expiry) or as Forex trade orders. It is suitable for Currencies, Cryptocurrencies and Metals. May also be useful on other markets as well.
The MA filtering options, each MA line can be a different type, with an optional offset:
- SMA = Simple Moving Average.
- EMA = Exponential Moving Average.
- WMA = Weighted Moving Average
- VWMA = Volume Weighted Moving Average
- SMMA = Smoothed Simple Moving Average.
- DEMA = Double Exponential Moving Average
- TEMA = Triple Exponential Moving Average.
- HullMA = Hull Moving Average, fast moving MA.
- SSMA = Ehlers Super Smoother Moving average, similar results to HullMA.
- ZEMA = Near Zero Lag Exponential Moving Average.
- TMA = Triangular (smoothed) Simple Moving Average.
NOTE: The signal calculations do occur on the current candle, so the state of the signal may re-build until the current candle is closed. I have designed the script to behave this way on purpose. This gives traders the option of
preparing their trade early or even taking the trade early if they want. Otherwise the trader can be more conservative and wait for signal candle to close, to give them a confirmed signal. (This is NOT re-painting as the historical signal states are fixed and will not change, unless you change some setup options.)
1) As with all indicator and alerting tools, not all signals will yield a tradable successful swing. You need to apply you own analysis on each signal to determine the probability of success.
2) When using the MA to filter the signals you should use it for two types of filtering:
- Supportive that confirm swing like fast moving MAs with fairly short lengths, eg HullMA(21,25).
- Long Term Direction with smoother longer length MAs like SMMA(180,220) to show up swings back into direction of the longer term trends.
- Momentum VMA KITKAT CROSS v2.1 by vdubus (- Vdubus_Channel www.vdubus.co.uk/)
Algorithm incorrect finding some swings that don't conform to Outside In rule: there must be no higher high above the last Outside high between it and the centre break.
In true TradingView spirit, the author of this script has published it open-source, so traders can understand and verify it. Cheers to the author! You may use it for free, but reuse of this code in a publication is governed by House Rules. You can favorite it to use it on a chart.