The PresentTrend strategy is a unique custom trend-following strategy. This combination allows the strategy to take advantage of both short-term and long-term market trends, making it suitable for various market conditions.
BTCUSDT 4hr chart
(700.hk/) 3D chart
- Strategy, How it Works
RSI or MFI: The first part uses a custom indicator based on either the Relative Strength Index (RSI) or the Money Flow Index (MFI). The indicator calculates a PresentTrend value, which generates buy and sell signals based on its crossover and crossunder, indicating potential trend reversals.
ATR: The second part is a popular trend-following indicator that uses the Average True Range (ATR).
The strategy enters a long position when all buy signals from both strategies are true, and a short position when all sell signals are true. This ensures trades are entered when both short-term and long-term trends align, potentially increasing the strategy's reliability.
- Trade direction
The strategy also includes a trade direction parameter, allowing the user to choose whether to enter long trades, short trades, or both. This makes the strategy adaptable to different market conditions and trading styles.
1. Set the input parameters for the custom trend-following strategy.
2. Choose whether to use the RSI or MFI for the custom strategy.
3. Choose the trade direction: long, short, or both.
4. The strategy will generate buy and sell signals based on the conditions of both strategies.
5. Enter a trade when a buy or sell signal is generated, depending on the chosen trade direction.
Please note that this strategy is meant to be a tool to aid in your trading decisions and not a standalone trading system. Always use proper risk management and make sure to test the strategy thoroughly before using it in live trading.
- Default settings
1. Source: 'hlc3', a balanced price level for calculations.
2. Length: 14, a common setting for many technical indicators.
3. Multiplier: 1.618 (the golden ratio), used in calculating the upper and lower thresholds.
4. RSI or MFI: Set to use MFI by default, both are momentum indicators.
5. Trade Direction: 'Both', allowing for both long and short trades.
The default settings are designed to provide a balanced approach to trend detection. However, these can be adjusted based on the user's preferences and the specific characteristics of the market being traded.
- Strategy's default Properties
1. Default Quantity Type: 'strategy.percent_of_equity'
2. commission_value= 0.1, commission_type=strategy.commission.percent, slippage= 1: These parameters set the commission and slippage for the strategy. The commission is set to 0.1% of the trade value, and the slippage (the difference between the expected price of a trade and the price at which the trade is executed) is set to 1.
3. default_qty_type = strategy.percent_of_equity, default_qty_value = 10: These parameters set the default quantity for trades. The default_qty_type is set to strategy.percent_of_equity, which means that the size of each trade will be a percentage of the account equity. The default_qty_value is set to 10, which means that each trade will be 10% of the account equity.
4. initial_capital= 10000: This parameter sets the initial capital for the strategy to $10,000.
In true TradingView spirit, the author of this script has published it open-source, so traders can understand and verify it. Cheers to the author! You may use it for free, but reuse of this code in a publication is governed by House Rules. You can favorite it to use it on a chart.