• SampleN - N volume bars used as sample to calculate average volume , 0 equals all bars.
• VAMA Source - Price used for volume weighted calculations.
• VAMA Length - Specified number of volume ratio buckets to be reached.
• VAMA VI Fct - Size of volume ratio buckets.
• VAMA Strict - Must meet desired volume requirements, even if number of bars has to exceed VAMA Length to do it.
Please see previous published example here for more details on VAMA's usage and inability to redraw the past on time based charts.
NOTICE: This is an example script and not meant to be used as an actual strategy. By using this script or any portion thereof, you acknowledge that you have read and understood that this is for research purposes only and I am not responsible for any financial losses you may incur by using this script!
Removed function's local reliance on global input nvb by changing it to use local _nvb instead, added cosmetic space, revised comment, no calculations are affected from previous version.
tvb = 0, tvb := _nvb == 0 ? nz(tvb) + 1 : nvb // total volume bars in sample tvs = nvb == 0 ? cum(volume) : sum(volume,nvb) // total volume in sample
tvb = 0, tvb := _nvb == 0 ? nz(tvb) + 1 : _nvb // total volume bars used in sample tvs = _nvb == 0 ? cum(volume) : sum(volume, _nvb) // total volume in sample
Updated for Pine Script v5.
If you would like to buy me a refreshing beverage :)...
LTC (preferred): LTDaAe7nPzbpBhZVT9o5f9f8M3aZSPa46Y
In true TradingView spirit, the author of this script has published it open-source, so traders can understand and verify it. Cheers to the author! You may use it for free, but reuse of this code in a publication is governed by House Rules. You can favorite it to use it on a chart.