The opening range is customizable in the settings, where you can choose from 5 minute, 15 minute, or 30 minute Opening Ranges.
Many stock tickers tend to follow the Opening Range, and sees continuation after a break of that range. This is a common strategy used by traders to enter trades. Price action also tends to find support and resistance at the 50% and 100% retracement levels, thus providing you Price Targets to start trimming your position, or finding new entries.
To add an alert, click on the Alert Button at your top toolbar.
- Select "ORB" for the Condition field.
- Choose "Any alert function call" for all alerts, or choose "ORB Level Cross" for more custom options.
- Added alerts for ORB breakouts as well as ORB level crosses
- Ability to hide the labels for a cleaner look
- Ability to hide ORB levels from previous days for a cleaner look
- Render potential ORB breakouts and retests on the chart if desired for potential entries
You can enable the visibility of these new lines in the indicator settings.
Added ability to set the timezone and ORB session manually to support users based in Europe and Asia. To use these customized values, you need to set the Period Dropdown to 0.
Added Price Targets all the way up to 500% so we have price targets on large trend days.
In true TradingView spirit, the author of this script has published it open-source, so traders can understand and verify it. Cheers to the author! You may use it for free, but reuse of this code in a publication is governed by House Rules. You can favorite it to use it on a chart.